Maryland Babies
Options

anyone go to/use the carseat lady in pikeville to install

their carseat? She is highly reccomended and I hear it is only $15? But I'm not sure if she just checks it or will actually install it? Anyone know?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: anyone go to/use the carseat lady in pikeville to install

• Options
    you can go to any place that does car seat check clinics and they will install it for free.  I wouldn't pay for a person to install it, personally. As long as you make an attempt, they will reinstall or adjust it for you if there is a problem.

I went to the ones at Ft Meade, and they put it in for me, it was a free clinic and there wasn't a wait or anything.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We went to her and she was great!  She installs and shows you everything.  My car (Xterra) was easier then my DH's (Jeep Cherokee) where she had to cut the holder around the seatbelt to get it in the middle of the back seat.  I highly recommend her!  She is also a nurse at Sinai Hospital in L&D.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We just got ours checked today at the police station for free and the guy was super knowledgeable and nice.  He actually installed it also to make sure we saw how tight it had to be.

You can look online and I am sure there is a police station near you that will be able to do it for free if you are interested...

Nothing to see here....
  • Options
    Installed ours myself for free and didn't get it checked.  Haven't had any issues with it.
  • Options
    The car seat lady (Debi) installed both of our carseats. She is amazing, and a deal for only $15.  She probably trained everyone who is installing car seats in Maryland.  Highly recommended!
  • Options
    I just wanted to throw this out there. My friend went to her and loved her, and sent her neighbor. Her neighbor was sent away by this woman because her carseat (The Graco Snugridet) wasn't acceptable. She refused to install it because she said it was unsafe. I have issues with this because it is rated an A by the Baby Bargains book, and consumer reports. Not to mention it is one of the highest selling baby seats out there. She did however install a Chicco carseat for my friend that has since had 3 recalls. So my friend loved her, but I think that is a little sketchy. Personally I would rather go to a fireman or police officer that actually pulls people out of cars and knows more about the subject. Good luck!
  • Options
    Graco Snugride (sorry)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"