Maryland Babies

Capital Women's Care - Columbia

Hi, some of you may recognize me from the Baltimore Nest, but I haven't posted there in a while.

I just started going to Cap. Wmns Care for my annual exams, but am just wondering about their reputation for obstetrics for future considerations. 

Has anyone used them for their pregnancies?

If they're not recommended, I want to shop around before the time comes ...

Re: Capital Women's Care - Columbia

• If you are in Columbia...I can only speak for JHH at Howard County...they are excellent :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Are you talking about Johns Hopkins Community physicians off Broken Land?  My primary care doctor is there, so I was actually considering consolidating since I had heard good things about their OB/GYN department, though I think last time I checked they only had 2 doctors and one wasn't accepting new patients.  Someone else had highly recommended Dr. Rojas, though I've never seen a male doctor for that type of thing.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm going to Capital Womens Care for obstetrics.  I heard great things about them on the nest and so far so good.  Kaybee is also going to them and she is due in another 2 weeks.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Thanks Kathryn.  I hadn't heard of anyone else who uses them ... I just carried over from when I went to their Silver Spring branch.  Hope all continues to go well for you.
  • I switched over to Capt Women's Care from St. Agnes OB/GYN Associates and I am very happy so far.  All of the doctors/midwives I have met with have been very friendly and helpful.  My only complaint (small small complaint) is that sometimes I have to wait on the phone a long for scheduling. I have called a few times with questions and the doctors respond fairly quickly.  I have heard wonderful things around Columbia about them and labor/delivery. 
  • If you are speaking of the practice off of 108 in Clarksville that is where i go.  The doctors there are great and they delivered DS.
  • I just had twins 3 months ago (5/23/08) through Capital Women's Care. I can say nothing but good things about the doctors. I became a regular there because of the extra appointments and sonograms that come with having twins. Not only do I like the medical staff, but the receptionists are great. I had some complications starting during my seventh month. I had to call multiple times in the middle of the night and never once did I feel like I was bothering a doctor on call. They were wonderful. I had to go the the hospital a couple of times prior to going on bed rest, and I always saw one of the doctors from the practice. Dr. Richards delivered my twins, and she was incredible. Dr. Meshkat is new to the practice, but she is great as well. I started seeing Dr. Pilevsky in 2004 for annual exams, and she was really helpful when we were trying to get pregnant. I don't really know Dr. Davis that well. Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"