Maryland Babies

Does anyone CD?

I have deicded that it is time to start cloth diapering after looking at the huge bags of diapers we toss each week. I am not sure where to start and was wondering if any of you had some advice for me. Also are there any local stores that sell them or will I have to purchase online?

Re: Does anyone CD?

• No good local sites that I know of, I purchase mine online. Rumor has it that Target is starting to sell BumGenius one size pocket diapers, but I haven't looked. I have been doing it for about 14 months. Your best bet is to go over to the eco-friendly board - that is the majority of the posts. Someone has a bio about all the diaper types.

I buy mine used now from diaperswappers.com, but that can be overwhelming. Just ask away and you will probably get a ton of answers, it's a very friendly board.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ditto everything photo said.
    There is a local store in Baltimore- that has spammed this board before, but their selection is rather limited and their prices aren't any better than buying online.  In fact w/ coupons/package deals you will do better buying on line.   
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow, I cant believe your 6 month old is crawling!!! Maybe Eloise can teach Zoe a thing or two. My Zo is 9 months old and not crawling!!!

Thanks guys, do you know if aforementioned local store's cloth diapering class is worth going to?

Also there is a new store opening up in Pikesville on Sept. 7th and if you email them they will send you a coupon for 10% off. It looks like they have Fuzzibunz, thirsties and bummis as well as various baby carriers. Let me know if you want that email.
  • I don't know about the class because I have never been or know about it, but if it costs money, you could find out all you needed to know for free or ask someone who cloth diapers to show you.  It's really a lot easier than people think it is.  And a heck of a lot less messier!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Maybe Zoe could teach Eloise how to sit still! 

Re: the class, if it's free and going to it isn't too out of your way then it might be worth checking out- keep in mind they will probably only show the types of diapers that that store carries and I found their selection to be rather limited.

Can I ask where you live?  The parents group I belong to www.mremomsanddads.com (Annapolis) is planning a Intro to Cloth diapering event that will be @ someone's house and it will basically be everyone in the group who uses cloth showing what they do, etc.  So you could see lots of different types of diapers, hear how it works for other families, etc.

I found it very intimidating at first, but once I got those first diapers I realized it was easy, not messy, etc.    
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm in Catonsville, so not too far. I'd love to come to something like that!  It is very intimidating and I dont know anyone who does it to ask questions.
  • It seems very intimidating at first but once you get the hang of it.  I am in love with prefolds and covers and those are probably the most difficult diapering system.  Can someone fill me in on the stores that carry CD supplies?  At this point I would be going merely out of curiosity as I am quite happy with the diaper sites I order off of.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                             Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have an AWESOME CD email that one of the nesties compiled that lays it all out for ya.  I'll totally share it with ya if you email me...

missbeezers AT gmail DOT com

I'm planning on using Nature Babycare disposables for the first month of my girl's life, then on to a combo of prefolds and AIOs. 
  • moderndiaperservice.com

Try here... I just read the deliver and everything!

• imageRottNJades:
    I have deicded that it is time to start cloth diapering after looking at the huge bags of diapers we toss each week. I am not sure where to start and was wondering if any of you had some advice for me. Also are there any local stores that sell them or will I have to purchase online?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast..."
  • imageRottNJades:
    "You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast..."
  • imageRottNJades:
  • imageRottNJades:
  • imageRottNJades:
  • imageRottNJades:
  • imageRottNJades:
  • imageRottNJades:
  • imageRottNJades:
  • imageRottNJades:
  • imageRottNJades:
  • imageRottNJades:
  • imageRottNJades:
  • imageRottNJades:
  • imageRottNJades:
  • imageRottNJades:
  • imageRottNJades:
  • imageRottNJades:
  • imageRottNJades:
  • imageRottNJades:
  • imageRottNJades:
  • imageRottNJades:
  • imageRottNJades:
  • imageRottNJades:
  • imageRottNJades:
  • imageRottNJades:
  • imageRottNJades:
  • imageRottNJades:
  • imageRottNJades:
  • imageRottNJades:
  • imageRottNJades:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"