Philadelphia Babies

Lehigh Valley baby shower venues?

I'm having trouble finding a location for my shower in the Lehigh Valley area.  We're probably having around 40 people for a lunchtime shower. 

Seems like our choices are either really expensive halls or cheap bars...any suggestions would be great!!

Thanks for the help :)

Re: Lehigh Valley baby shower venues?

• I don't know how much help this is because I don't remember the name and I don't know how much it costs but I was to a baby shower at a tea room above the irish store on Main Street in Bethlehem. I think it is Granny something but the food was good and the room is large enough to accomodate the number of people yet keep it a very personal affair. Hope that kinda helps! good luck
  • thank you...i'll look into that!

• Loading the player...
  • The place in Bethlehem is Granny McCarthy's Tea Room. I live a few blocks away from it. It is really nice, quaint, and good food. 
    McCarthy's Tea Room
    534 Main Street
    Bethlehem, PA 18018
    Phone: 610-861-7631

There are a few other tea rooms in the area if you are looking for that type of atmosphere.  There is Jessica's Tearoom on Weaversville Rd. in Northampton.  Lavendar Lace Tea Room in Emmaus.

There are a few other places in Bethlehem too like Hotel Bethlehem. Kinda pricey but very nice.   The Glasbern Inn in Fogelsville.  If you're looking for trendy there is Edge Restaurant in Bethlehem, or Melt in Center Valley. Blue/Candlelight Inn in Bethlehem.

Let me know if you need any other help. I used to be an event planner, so I know local places to hold events very well.  You can either page me on here or on the 0-6 month board.

Hope that helps!!

Kristen

• Where are you in the Lehigh Valley?  Maybe look into your local township/borough buildings.  My friend had a bridal shower at the Lower Macungie Township Building (her future MIL lives in Lower Mac.).  It was pretty much an empty room with tables and chairs, so all the food and decor had to be brought in, but I heard it was a good deal.  They had the use of a large kitchen which I thought was nice.  Also, the Macungie Institute on Main St in Macungie has a small room that could be used for a shower.  I believe both of these have residency requirements of sorts (either in township/borough or within the school district).
  • I don't know if you're still looking for a place ... I just saw this post!! 

And I don't know exactly where in the Valley you are ... My mom had my shower at Gennaro's in Easton (Forks Township).  It's an Italian place and they have a private room for parties.

My mom did it buffet style with a few different dishes - eggplant rollitini, chicken franchese, sausage and peppers, ziti, salad, bread with seasoned garlic/olive oil for dipping and then she had a few cookies and pastries to accompany the cake and coffee. 

The room is nice and the food is good.  I'd definitely recommend it.  I had about 50 people at my shower ....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"