Attachment Parenting
Options

He is going to hold you hostage!

That is what my mother (my own mother!!!) told me today when Atticus woke up from his nap and started crying for me. Yeah, I'm sure that's what a 5 month old is trying to do when he wakes up in an unfamiliar setting, tired and hungry.

She then proceeded to take him from me and tell me that we have to teach him now before he becomes a bad baby. I didn't know there were any bad babies...Gah! I think I need a vacation from my mom.

At least my dad said it's good that he cries for me. That way he won't get kidnapped, lol!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: He is going to hold you hostage!

• Options
    Hearing stuff like that makes me sad.
  • Options

imagemrs.baum:
    Hearing stuff like that makes me sad.

It makes me sad too. Here I thought my mom was somewhat AP-ish when she raised us. She wore, cloth diapered, homeschooled, delayed vax'd three girls...I guess it shows that using the tools is not what makes you AP.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I see it differently. He is your baby and YOU are hers. She doesn't want all of the work to fall on you and she wants you to have some peace so you don't get overwhelmed. KWIM. I doubt she meant it literally. It seems like she swooped in to rescue you and give you a minute. I am sorry you feel like she did not respond the way that you wanted her to but that doesn't mean that she doesn't support you and your AP ways.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagejolynreed:

That is what my mother (my own mother!!!) told me today when Atticus woke up from his nap and started crying for me. Yeah, I'm sure that's what a 5 month old is trying to do when he wakes up in an unfamiliar setting, tired and hungry.

She then proceeded to take him from me and tell me that we have to teach him now before he becomes a bad baby. I didn't know there were any bad babies...Gah! I think I need a vacation from my mom.

At least my dad said it's good that he cries for me. That way he won't get kidnapped, lol!

i honestly just don't understand how people could have that kind of mentality. i just don't get it.

• Options

someflower, I love your siggy! Cracks me up. I feel like such a poser, too.

To the OP -- obviously one day you're going ot go into your baby's nursery, and he'll be there in a ski mask,w ith a gun, and next thing you know, it's all news reports and crying father's begging over a megaphone to let you out alive. 

Wink 

• Options
    imageAllie30:

someflower, I love your siggy! Cracks me up. I feel like such a poser, too.

To the OP -- obviously one day you're going ot go into your baby's nursery, and he'll be there in a ski mask,w ith a gun, and next thing you know, it's all news reports and crying father's begging over a megaphone to let you out alive. 

Wink 

I love it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"