Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Another RSV question and Neb ?

SO my LO has RSV and they gave her a neb breathing treatment on Christmas eve and also started a round of antibiotics... After like 3 days she seemed sooo much better maybe coughed once a day and barely had any snot... She is still using the neb as of now a week later but last night out of nowhere she started coughing non stop again ... HAs this happened to anyone..>?  I tought she was getting better and we didnt stop the neb treatments so I dont know why she would all of a sudden cough more...

HOw long can I keep her on neb treatments/

Re: Another RSV question and Neb ?

• Options
    our LO had bronciolitis (sp?) a few months ago and the doctor prescribed a nebulizer for him and it seemed to get worse before it got better, if that makes sense.  after a few days we was much better.  it opens up the airways which allows them to cough up the mucus, which is a good thing.  we noticed he had kind of yellow-y spit up those few days then he was back to normal.  give it time-- the nebulizer really does help!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We had DD on nebulizer for about a week.  She would go into coughing fits and it didnt seem to really be helping anymore.  Its been about 2 weeks since we stopped the neb treatments and she still has a few coughing fits.  I would say she is done with all RSV symptoms except the occasional coughing.  I read/heard it can take a couple of months for all symptons to truely be gone.  GL hope your DD gets rid of that nasty cough soon!!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO had bronchial spasms a couple months ago and had to neb too. We used it for about a month and I agree, it did get worse before it got better... the neb breaks up the mucas and make it easier for her to breath, so when she coughs it almost sounds worse because all that mucas is broken up. Our LO doesn't take them anymore because she is no longer wheezing, but all the mucas lead to an ear infection so we had to put her on amoxicillan for 10 days and now, after all of that she seems to feel great, and cough is pretty much gone! Good Luck! =)
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    DD1: 8 (6/11/07)  DD2: 5 (6/15/10)
    BFP 10/13/2014 ... Natural M/C 10/25/14
    BFP...11/25/14! Grow Baby Grow! :)
    *our 3rd and our last*
    Repeat C/S scheduled for 7/29/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"