Breastfeeding
Options

Mirena

Sorry if this has been asked before. I'm looking into BC but very nervous about how it will affect my supply. I'm looking for opinions from those who have it and would you recommend it? My LC says not to get it, but my OB assures me that it's safe. I've worked so hard to get to this point as far as breastfeeding goes and I don't want to do anything to mess it up. At the same time it is very very important to prevent another pregnancy at this time. Help!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mirena

• Options
    I was worried to.  I got it 5 weeks PP and it had not affected my supply at all.  Only side effect I've had is PITA spotting that lasted weeks.  But once that finally it away, it's been great.  Still no AF.  My be because I EBF but more likely from the Mirena as well.  I love it!  If you feel like it's affecting your supply, you could always have them take it out.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't notice a drop, but I have never had supply issues.  I agree w/ PP.

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had it put in 8 weeks PP and haven't had any supply issues. It's been wonderful not having to think about taking a pill everyday!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Med-free birth, EBF, Co-Sleeping, Babywearer
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses so far! Has it affected your weight at all? And how long did you spot?
  • Options
    I got Mirena at 12 weeks pp and breastfed my daughter with no problems in supply for 2 years and 5 months. I EBF for the first twelve months.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options

imageAverysMom1118:
    Thanks for the responses so far! Has it affected your weight at all? And how long did you spot?

I didn't have any weight gain issues. With breastfeeding (plus eating right and walking, but not rigorous exercise), I went down below my prepregnancy weight pretty quickly by 2 years postpartum. I also never had a period.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options
    I swear LCs try to scare people sometimes! I want Mirena after my second child and she was telling me and a friend that it'll cause supply issues but I haven't heard ab that problem on here yet.

Danica 10.22.10 | Milo 12.23.12

PicMonkey Collage3

• Options

Mine was placed immediately following c/s. I havent had any supply issues. I did spot for a few weeks pp (TMI- sorta like a leftover runny nose after a bad cold). I have weight to loose still but am seeing an improvement by walking w/ DD 3x/week.

GL! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"