Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Period while on bc while still breastfeeding?

So I am on Errin as my birth control since having the baby (who is now 10 months old). I am still breastfeeding. This evening I had a surprise visit from Aunt Flo.  My OB had told me that between breastfeeding and taking Errin I shouldn't get a period.  I'm guessing that that isn't 100% true!  The breastfeeding has dropped off somewhat - she doesn't need/want nearly as much milk.

Anyone else have this happen? I'm annoyed because it has been nice not having a period for about 20 months!

Re: Period while on bc while still breastfeeding?

• Options
    Her nursing less probably caused a shift in your hormones and told AF it was time to come again.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Is Errin (never heard of that one) a progesterone only pill (mini-pill)? If so, then yes, you most certainly can get your period while on it and BF. It also becomes less effective as you begin to nurse less often.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageemiliemadison:
    Is Errin (never heard of that one) a progesterone only pill (mini-pill)? If so, then yes, you most certainly can get your period while on it and BF. It also becomes less effective as you begin to nurse less often.

Yep. it is progesterone only.

When I told my husband that I got my period, he said "well, I guess you want to hurry up and get pregnant again so that you don't have to deal with a period again." Lol. He knows that I'm ready for a second but he wants to wait a bit longer.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"