D.C. Area Babies

Inova Fairoaks Delivery

Hi All,

The post below made me curious. How many of you have delivered at Fair Oaks Hospital? Did you have a private room? The website says that you will, but it got me thinking.

Just curious..

Re: Inova Fairoaks Delivery

• I believe they renovated Inova Fair Oaks and now ALL the rooms are private.  It's a very nice facility and a little quieter/less crazy than Fairfax.
  • Yes, I delivered there 3 times, and all of their rooms are private. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I delivered both babies there. Both experiences were great, but my nurses were better the first time around. Maybe because the first time I had an emergency c after 30 hours of labor and I was a first time mom? Coupled with some other issues I was a total wreck. My post partum room was tiny but totally private. I didnt want to leave my nurses were so great. Second time I was a VBAC. My PP room was huge, but I couldn't wait to get home! The meal service is great - not the best food, but it works like room service and your spouse can order as well. Good luck!
  • I had a private room at  fair oaks also and had a really good experience
  • they do have private rooms - delivered first one and will be doing the same thing this time around.

imageimage
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • They do cover their butts by saying there is a chance you may have to share a room (maybe during a huge baby boom), but they will give you a $100 (?) gift certificate to BBRUS.  I would still prefer the private room!

I thought the L&D nurses were top notch.  The PP nurses were good, but there were too many different opinions between day and night nurses.  Which was hard as a FTM.  We ended up picking one that we really like and trusted and did whatever she suggested.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a great experience at Fair Oaks too, private room...We took all of our classes there and those were great too. I'd agree that the L&D nurses were amazing, pp nurses not quite as good but still nice! We delivered there during the height of the H1N1 scare and since there couldn't be any family we were lonely and scared first time parents and they were very helpful!
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • ditto, i was there during the h1n1 craziness with very very few visitors allowed and the nurses were helpfl
  • We had a private room that actually used to be a double so we had a really great sized room.  The nurses were amazing and overall, it was a great experience.  I don't think I will be as lucky to score a double room to myself next time around, but it was great for all of our visitors the first time.
  • Ditto to everyone else's experience. Had a great experience there. L&D nurses were awesome both times around! First time I was admitted for early delivery symptoms and the second time was the actual delivery. The PP nurses were 50/50. I had two amazing ones, but there was one night PP nurse I had that didn't seem as great as the other two. Overall it was a wonderful experience and I did enjoy the private room!!!
  • image2vthokies:
    I delivered both babies there. Both experiences were great, but my nurses were better the first time around. Maybe because the first time I had an emergency c after 30 hours of labor and I was a first time mom? Coupled with some other issues I was a total wreck. My post partum room was tiny but totally private. I didnt want to leave my nurses were so great. Second time I was a VBAC. My PP room was huge, but I couldn't wait to get home! The meal service is great - not the best food, but it works like room service and your spouse can order as well. Good luck!

They have actually changed this and spouses are no longer allowed to order food.  I just delivered there in December.  

Other than that, my experience at Fair Oaks was great.  Had great nurses and had one of the larger private post-partum rooms.  They have large L&D rooms, but the sizes of the PP rooms vary - there are some teeny ones and there are some larger ones.  I lucked out and got a larger one.  You can sign up for a tour of the maternity ward if you want to see what everything is like.   They told us at our tour that if they are totally crowded with deliveries, they could possibly leave you in your L&D room after you deliver or you could end up sharing one of the larger rooms, but I doubt it's very common.  GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"