Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Am I supposed to tip the........

...cleaning service people?  If so how much?

Advice?

ETA:  This is a 1 time cleaning that we're having Merry Maids do.  Still apply?

Re: Am I supposed to tip the........

• Options
    If I had a cleaning person who worked for a service, I might give her a tip. If it's just a person working for them selves then no.  If I had a regular cleaning person I would give them a holiday bonus.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We gave our cleaning lady a Christmas Bonus of $75 (what we pay for a cleaning.)  She works hard for the money...totally deserved :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageseanandcallie:
    If I had a cleaning person who worked for a service, I might give her a tip. If it's just a person working for them selves then no.  If I had a regular cleaning person I would give them a holiday bonus.

Why would you not tip someone working for themselves? Does that somehow make them less qualified for generosity?

• Options
    imagebobbyme:

imageseanandcallie:

Why would you not tip someone working for themselves? Does that somehow make them less qualified for generosity?

I would look at it like a salon, you don't tip the owner of a salon. 

Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • Options

No.

But as stated, if you have a regular cleaning person it's normal to give them a Christmas bonus of 1 weeks pay. My Mom owns a cleaning person and 90% of her clients do this.

• Options
    imageMass-girl-at-heart:
    imagebobbyme:

imageseanandcallie:

I would look at it like a salon, you don't tip the owner of a salon. 

This.  I consider myself a good tipper, but I never tip the owner.  In fact, I almost did once, by accident, and she refused it.
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"