Attachment Parenting

Blog post about extended BF and weaning..

Link

This didn't exactly get rave reviews on 3-6, but I thought it was sweet. And what a funny idea to have a "weaning party". I would think that if you were trying to get your LO to wean for good, that might be a good way to solidify it in a positive way right? Or maybe I am just a crazy hippie lol.

Breastfeeding, Co-Sleeping, Babywearing, Animal Loving Family! Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Blog post about extended BF and weaning..

• Cool! Thanks for sharing. 
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• I love this.  My son stopped nursing on his own at 18 months but his twin sister still latches on once a day for a few minutes before her nap (she just turned 2).  i always said that i would continue nursing as long as it worked for our family but now i'm wondering if we need to move towards our own weaning party...
  • Loading the player...
  • I seriously teared up a little bit reading it, just thinking about the day when C decides he's done nursing. I treasure our nursing snuggles so much!
    Breastfeeding, Co-Sleeping, Babywearing, Animal Loving Family! Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • So funny the way she tried to bargain for "just one". I have to cut DS off at bedtime or he will nurse until he's dead asleep (and clamps down), and if I say "ok, you can have one nummy and then sleepytime", he will counter with "how about i can have six nummies?" It's a logical deal to a toddler :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"