Alabama Babies

AW: had my first appointment yesterday :)

It went really well! The little booger measured right on time for my LMP and its heartbeat is nice and strong.

We actually had to have a U/S twice -- the first time the nurse did it over my belly and it measured behind at 6w 3d, so the doctor ordered another one via dildo cam and it came back 7w 3d. I was just happy I got to see my baby twice :) I think the look on H's face was the best part. He looked like he had just been given the keys to a candy store.

The thing that surprised me the most was the insane amount of loot BW sends you home with -- I went home with like three bags full of samples and coupons, some kind of breastfeeding diaper bag thing with more stuff in it... I don't really know what to do with it all, haha. I guess it will come in handy eventually.

This comes with a question: they wanted us to go ahead and think about registering for classes and stuff around our next appointment in 5 weeks. Has anyone taken any of the classes there? I was thinking about doing the unmedicated one, but I'm (more than) a little bit disappointed that they don't offer Bradley -- just Lamaze. Any Lamaze folks in the house? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: AW: had my first appointment yesterday :)

• So happy for y'all!  I saw the pic you posted on facebook and commented there too. :)  That one little picture turns you world upside down, huh?  Best. Thing. EVER!

As for Lamaze/Bradley, I am no help.  I went with the epi and then ended up with a c-section anyways.  Good luck going unmedicated though!  I have a whole lot of respect for the women that can do it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats, again! So glad everything went well...LOL @ you referring to your baby as "the little booger"!
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know much about Lamaze, but I will say when doing some investigating earlier in my pregnancy, I discovered 'Birth well Birmingham'-a site with a local doula information -and there is one who who teaches Bradley classes to small groups. (We didn't end up going with using a doula, but I have heard really good things about doing so if you want to go unmedicated.)  But regardless, the couple that I found out about that are taught by doulas in the area are the only classes I have heard of outside of hospital ones. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks, everybody! That little picture changed everything :-)

Stars- I will definitely check that out. I was discouraged to find that there are no bradley classes when I searched on the bradley website, but maybe there's hope! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • A friend of mine wanted to use Bradley for her first birth, and thought surely there would be something available in B'ham or Huntsville(where we are) but she was very surprised to find out they didn't.  She had to go all the way to Nashville to take some classes.  She didn't end up getting to use it in childbirth(c-section) but she said that she has used it in other situations when she feels she needs some calming and to work through things.  Hope you can find something that fits what you'd like to do :)
  • I am planning to use the Bradley method and will not be taking classes. If you want to do some reading on it (don't know how much you've already looked into it), I've really enjoyed the book Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way by Susan McCutcheon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"