June 2011 Moms

cloth diapers

for anyone who has decided to cloth diaper for anyone who is just curious. My friend did a boatload of research for us and found these www.bestbottomsdiapers.com.

They are fantastic.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: cloth diapers

• That link didn't work, but I think you are referring to the Best Bottom diapers on Nicki's, is that correct?  Here is the link: https://nickisdiapers.com/catalog.php?category=1899.  I have a friend who CDs and these are one of her favorite brands as well.
  • imagemarlynandchris:
    That link didn't work, but I think you are referring to the Best Bottom diapers on Nicki's, is that correct?  Here is the link: https://nickisdiapers.com/catalog.php?category=1899.  I have a friend who CDs and these are one of her favorite brands as well.

yes. those are it. here is the link i meant to put up

https://www.bestbottomdiapers.com/index.php

• Loading the player...
  • I CD DS. I'm having a dilemma trying to figure out what diapers get for the NB.
    Anniversary
    *photo removed*
  • that is what i love about these. they are one of the only brands that go small enough for a tiny newborn. i also like how the inside of the shell is breathable yet waterproof fabric. Think parachute material. I got my first one today and put it on a tiny baby doll and it looked like it would be perfect for tiny babies.

• My concern would be the exposed PUL and the umbilical cord stump.  From what I can tell, they don't have a snap down part for the stump and having the PUL against the stump would be irritating, at least in my mind it would be.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  For the NB stage, I am going with Lil Joey's, KL0s (which I bought used for $5 a piece and they look brand new), and prefolds with Bummis Super Brite Covers.  At least that is the plan for now!  : )
  • i didn't see that. but i would probablly just do a quick whip stich on the shell to pull hte front down a bit in a u shape until the cord falls off and seam rip the stiching. I sew a lot so that is easy for me but for others that may not be feesible.

• imagemarlynandchris:
    My concern would be the exposed PUL and the umbilical cord stump.  From what I can tell, they don't have a snap down part for the stump and having the PUL against the stump would be irritating, at least in my mind it would be.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  For the NB stage, I am going with Lil Joey's, KL0s (which I bought used for $5 a piece and they look brand new), and prefolds with Bummis Super Brite Covers.  At least that is the plan for now!  : )

If it's just a thin PUL, then it shouldn't be particularly irritating. Lack of a spot for the cord is one reason I don't plan to use one-size diapers for a newborn (I also just don't think they fit well). Last time we used sized prefolds and covers, and honestly the Bummis were some of my least favorite for tiny babies. I didn't like how stiff the cover and the velcro was, and I always felt like it was rubbing his soft skin. I prefer something very thin like Thirsties, or soft like the Imse Vimse cotton covers. I also plan to use wool covers this time around. Bummis were good later on, although I still think Thirsties are a better bargain.

• The PUL is actually pretty thick and stiff on the Best Bottoms compared to some other covers.  I forgot that I also have Thirsties size 1 covers as well for the nb stage.  Every baby is different and there are just so many choices out there!
  • So many choices indeed!

Do any of you ladies know anything about this "all in one" cloth diaper by Imse Vimse? They're $10 each! Do you need a liner for this one or all in one as it says?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesecondaryPULSE:

I'm so glad there are a few momma's interested in CDing. I'm absolutely going to give it a go, but I'm thinking im going to go with Green Mountain Diapers' prefolds and Thirsties Duo wraps--it's a little more economical, and will dry faster than most of the other dipes out there. I'm going to experiment with my mom (who is a much better seamstress than myself) to make a few AIO's for overnights, going to the grandparent's place, etc. --Sazhrah--that's a great suggestion for the covers. I think I will do that too (thirsties don't have a little dip in the cover either.)

yay! I'm so glad other people are CDing too. I must say I'm a total n00b (or am going to be, once baby is here), but I'm excited about it =D

Links:

Green mountain diapers:

https://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/

Thirsties' Duo Wrap:

https://www.thirstiesbaby.com/duo_wrap.htm

I'm think of going this route too (with GMD and thirsties duos) but I've never used prefolds before so I'm a little scared. Kissaluvs just didn't work for us last time and they were super bulky. I might throw in some AIO (all-in-ones) for when I'm lazy. Eventually I want the new baby in OS dipes like DS.

Anniversary
    *photo removed*
  • We're planning to go with CD's as well but I've just started learning all the different in's and out's - what does PUL stand for?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • Thanks for the tip!

My only problem is that they close with snaps.  My buddy's kid soon learned to unsnap her diapers and it was all over.  I'm opting for bumgenius with the tabs.

https://www.bumgenius.com/one-size.php

Anniversary Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • imageLollyBug18:
    We're planning to go with CD's as well but I've just started learning all the different in's and out's - what does PUL stand for?

I always knew it was the waterproof outer cover. I just looked up PUL and it stands for polyurethane laminate. 

Anniversary
    *photo removed*
  • imageBran_ham:

imageLollyBug18:
    We're planning to go with CD's as well but I've just started learning all the different in's and out's - what does PUL stand for?

I always knew it was the waterproof outer cover. I just looked up PUL and it stands for polyurethane laminate. 

Thanks! After I asked, I spent a ton of time on different sites and same across the acronym eventually. Smile  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • I am also cloth diapering and this will be my first little one so everything i know is just research and asking other moms, and NOT experience quite yet.  But i have been told that for new borns using thirsties size one (i believe) cover with prefolds fit really really well while th LO is tiny.  I am using Bum Genius Elementals, Fuzzibuns hemp pocket and am getting Flip covers and prefolds for my baby.  Nickis Diapers (link was used above) is actually located in my hometown! Her brand of prefolds ARE AWESOME!! they are slightly cheaper, but they tottally rock!! i highly recommend them! i get them in organic cotton.  Her XS size would be awesome for any newborn.  i plan on getting some of those for burp cloths as well! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"