Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

RSV?

Anyone's LO have RSV? DS#2 got diagnosed this past week and we have the nebulizer and been doing those.  He has been to the doctor 3 times since Dec 10 and is just finishing up his 2nd round of antibiotics for ear/sinus infection that didn't get go away with the 1st antibiotic. 

I just still feel after 3 days of neb treatments that he is still so sick.  He is coughing really bad still..... nights are the worst.  I just want him to be well again!  Any suggestions/ideas/comforting things I can do for him?  To make it worse, he wears a Doc band/helmet.  I did take it off for 2 days but we put it back on last night to try to get him back in to a routine.  He is definitely happier without it but he needs to have it on!

Megan--Mommy to Owen 1.10.07 and Gibson 5.11.10

Re: RSV?

• Options
    I don't have any experience, but I'm sorry he's so sick. I hope he feels better soon! 
  • Options
    riley had it at four months.... it sucked! no suggestions for you, but it does pass! just keep up what you're doing :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS had RSV.  We were warned that the symptoms could go on for over a month, and it has taken about five weeks to completely recover.  We also had the nebulizer.  His cough wasn't really bad, but he had soooo much snot in his head.  We ended up with two ER visits to get deep suctioning treatments.  He slept in his swing for about a week, which was recommended by the doctor, because it helped with the drainage in his head.  We started using a humidifier in his bedroom, which seemed to help, and I also started using a nose frieda to suction instead of a bulb.  This thing is GREAT.  If your LO is having trouble with lots of snot, I definitely recommend using one of these.  It gets so much more than the bulbs.
  • Options
    DD just got over RSV... No fun at all.  We spent 2 weeks holding her.  When she was at her worst she would sleep on daddy's chest.  I have a Rock in Play and thats what she would start to sleep in but woke up coughing.  We did breathing treatments every 2-4 hours. And I would stand in the bathroom with the hot shower running.  I also kept the humidfier running.  It seems to take forever for them to recover but hang in there.  I hope your DS feels better soon.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"