Multiples

Totally stupid sippy cup question

I can't believe I'm struggling with a SIPPY CUP.

I bought the munchkin brand ones (with the soft nipple-thing) today and gave them to LOs to try.  They didn't seem to be getting the liquid out.  I played around with the nipple (the instructions just said to "squeeze" it before the first use.  Anyway, when I tried the cup myself, I couldn't suck the liquid out...when I bit on the nipple some came out then...what am I getting wrong???

I'm laughing to myself that this sippy cup is baffling me.

Re: Totally stupid sippy cup question

• My boys couldn't figure those "bite while you suck" cups out for a long time!  Since I EBF'd I really didn't want them to either. :-)  I LOVE LOVE LOVE the tupperware sippy cups.  Not completely spill proof, but they are wonderful for day to day use.

• We had to cut the valves open on those last week. I could only get it out if I bit it too. My LO's still hate them!. They love the disposable sippy cups ( like the old tapperware ones) you get at Target or Walmart!!! So I got them some harder spout type Platex ones with handles and the valves and they got it right away thanks to the disposable showing them how.
  • Loading the player...
  • we will never buy those again. I couldn't get anything out of ours either. playtex has by far been the best sippy that we've found, but I'm not sure if they make a soft nipple sippy.?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yup you have to bite AND suck to make those sippys work.  So weird!  :(  I went through SO MANY brands with DS.  We ended up with the hard spout playtex ones and he loves them.  I couldn't do the soft spout ones, DS just wanted to bite them and let all the liquid in the cup dribble out all over him, every single time!  It was maddening!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"