3rd Trimester
Options

Video camera???

DH mentioned this evening that he WILL be getting a video camera and filming the birth.  When I asked him if he REALLY wanted to film the baby coming out of my vagina and WHAT would he do if I pooped while pushing he said..."That's what editing is for."

I'm not super modest but I am just wondering what anyone else is doing about this or your thoughts on this.

ALSO, he has stated that he wants to be the only one with me in L&D.  (MIL lives far away, my parents disapprove of his color) I am thinking he won't be able to help me out and hold the video camera so it really won't be an issue.  Right?

What do you think?  Are you filming? 

Re: Video camera???

• Options
    The ONLY person who gets to decide if my vagina gets filmed or not is ME. If my DH tried to tell me he WILL be filming me, I would tell him he WILL not be in the room for the delivery.
    252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • Options
    He won't be able to coach you and video.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our Bradley instructor has taped all 4 of her births by setting up a tripod so her husband could support her. That said, my ob practice discourages video taping, but I honestly don't think I'd want to ever watch my own birth after the fact. Photos I will be fine with- maybe.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageAshfieldMay:
    The ONLY person who gets to decide if my vagina gets filmed or not is ME. If my DH tried to tell me he WILL be filming me, I would tell him he WILL not be in the room for the delivery.

Yes This! Difinitely - most definitely!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ha!  Thanks.  I just don't think it would be something I would want to go back and watch.  I don't get it.  We didn't even film our wedding.
  • Options

I expect I'll be a hot, sweaty mess and don't really need that caught live-action on film - I do however hope he takes some photos before and after the action. 

That said, my neighbour's bf filmed her delivery, and one night (before BFP), I went to her place, wine in hand, and watched the vid with her - she watches it about once a year, maybe more.  It was pretty neat, but you didn't really see any of her vagina, because of the angle he was on. 

Overall, I think it depends on your comfort level, and you can buy a pretty cheap tripod, like PP mentioned, if its something you want.  You can always erase it later, but I'm betting you won't want to!!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My hospital actually has a policy that you can't use video cameras during the actual birth. You can use them before and after, but not during pushing.

• Options
    Yep, a lot of hospitals do not allowing you to video the birth, so check ahead of time.  Either way, it's YOUR decision!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Our hospital does not allow video cameras in L&D at all. Even if they did, there would be no way in hell I would allow anyone to film me giving birth.

I agree with pp, I wouldn't let him tell me that he was filming. If for some strange reason he felt the need to watch a birth, that's what youtube is for.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"