Eco-Friendly Family
Options

NER: Cabin Fever solutions?

Our little one just turned a month old.  It's been great and challenging and wonderful.  We've both been fortunate enough to stay home this whole time, and I'll be staying home for another two months.  When I go back to work, it may be just to put in my two weeks' notice.

But...I am getting some serious cabin fever!  I feel less of a sense of purpose now that I don't have a job outside the home.  What do you do to combat this? 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: NER: Cabin Fever solutions?

• Options

When I was a SAHM for a brief 10 month-ish, I joined a Mom's Group right away and even took a board position for it.  There were lots of activities associated with that so if we wanted to we could go out almost every day. 

Maybe set goals for other things similarly to the way you would at a job (i.e., by Friday I accomplish x, by the end of the month y, etc.)

Try to schedule girls' night out once in a while, even if it's just for a couple of hours or however much time you have between feedings (if you don't pump or bottle feed).  Many Mom's group MNO's allow nursing babies.

GL!

Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
    Posts on cloth trainers/PLing
  • Options

though i consider myself more of an unsocial shut-in than most (lol), i'd definitely say getting out to run errands is great.  or i'll head to target for that 'one thing' i need to get.  actually when i was home at the end of my pregnancy i took to going to target just to walk around too (i have one less than a mile from my house so it's my go-to place).

i'm impressed with your desire for a sense of purpose one month out though!  at that point i think i was still trying to cope daily with just existing with LO!  lol..

my cool cat - er, bunny!

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    my bfp chart!
    our hippy baby blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"