Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Alimentum RTF vs. Powder

DD was on Alimentum RTF. A few days ago we switched to the powder form. Now she's spitting up a lot more. Anyone have this experience, or any insight to share? I'm wondering if we just need to switch back to the RTF and see if that makes a difference. FWIW, I don't think it's the added corn in the powder form. We have been putting corn syrup in the bottle with both RTF and powder, to help with consitpation that is the result of the added rice cereal due to reflux.

Re: Alimentum RTF vs. Powder

• DD was on Alimentum, but we did RTF b/c the smell of the powder was horrific, and she wouldn't take it. I know that the powder (of any brand/type) is not as thick as RTF, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I don't know if there's a difference but I put DD on alimentum powder a few days ago and she's been spitting up A LOT. I have a call out to the pediatrician but she hasn't called back yet. I feel like I've tried everything. Maybe the powder does cause the spitup I'll ask the doc when she calls back if I should try the RTF. And the powder does really smell bad. Good luck to you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"