Nurseries and Baby Gear

Chicco infant seat and city mini - no shade?

We have a city mini stroller and use the adaptor for the Chicco infant seat.  The problem we are having is that the Chicco infant seat's sun shade is so small that we don't have enough shade to cover the baby in the stroller.  We live in South Florida, so this is a problem for us even though it is winter now.  It seems like the City Mini's canopy can't be put up while the Chicco seat is in use.  Are we missing something?

Thanks!

Re: Chicco infant seat and city mini - no shade?

• You're right, the City Mini's sun shade has to be removed with the car seat adapter. Easy solution: drape a blanket over the car seat. That's what we do. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always,
    As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    - Robert Munsch
  • I don't have the Chicco seat but the Graco Snugride and we were able to use the canopy on the City Mini but it would not go up all the way. The combination of the shade from the car seat and the stroller almost covered DS. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the Chicco car seat and I would always drape a lightweight aiden & anais blanket over the carseat/stroller if it was sunny, or DS was sleeping.  It helped him to sleep longer, too!
    image Liam Henry: 9/5/09 Emmeline Claire: 5/23/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"