Eco-Friendly Family

Waste not, want not

What do you do about your toddler/child and wasting? Addison is on my last nerve lately with food and asking for it and not eating it. For snack,  I gave her an apple and banana cut up on a plate because she asked for "both" & she barely ate it. Then we sat down to have dinner I gave her applesauce, milk and a hot dog cut up. She ate most of the applesauce (like 1/2) and then a bite or two of hot dog and proceeded to tell me it was all "Ewwwww" and throw it, squish it, etc... Umm ya not cool. Ewww is the new thing for anything she doesn't wanna do or eat. Jason was just tickling her and she said eww to that too. Ugh. I am really big on not wasting food... Do I have to just get over it w/ a toddler?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Waste not, want not

• there is a certain amount of waste that goes along with toddler learning how hungry they are, trying foods in their mouth/hands, etc.

I tend to eat dd left overs and just put less on my plate to begin with. If its super messy the dog gets a "treat" from dd.

• Well, I'm convinced that is why I have gained so much weight the past two years ... because I have been finishing all of S's food so it wouldn't go to waste. lol 

If it's something we can save, I try to save it.  A lot of times S will reject food, half an hour later say she's hungry, and go for the same thing she just rejected.  Or one of us eats it.  I'm with you - it is SO painful to me to have to get rid of perfectly good food.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageDobie_Mama:

Well, I'm convinced that is why I have gained so much weight the past two years ... because I have been finishing all of S's food so it wouldn't go to waste. lol 

If it's something we can save, I try to save it.  A lot of times S will reject food, half an hour later say she's hungry, and go for the same thing she just rejected.  Or one of us eats it.  I'm with you - it is SO painful to me to have to get rid of perfectly good food.

ya... she is totally eating now perfectly fine. WTF toddlers. WTF. LOL

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• That drives me absolutely crazy.  DS is pretty picky so when he says he wants to eat something, I jump at it.  Drives me nuts when I finally get him to tell me what he wants, I give it to him, and then he won't eat it. Like PP said, I usually leave it out if it's not perishable because he'll usually eat it later or I eat it myself. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"