Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Food question 8ish monthers

DD has been eating cereal since she was about four months old ver successfully. She will be eight months old next week and I typically feed her three solids meals a day. My question is this, should I be mixing purred with rice or oatmeal cereal at each meal or only certain meals? DD is our first and I can't really find an answer anywhere. What do you all do?

Re: Food question 8ish monthers

• each pedi and LO's are different

Ours told us to try and have LO eat 3 cereal meals a day and 1 container of fruit or veggies by 9 months. (we do 1/2 veggie w/ cereal, a flavored cereal and a 1/2 veggie with cereal - once LO had the "good tasting stuff" he refused plain cereal)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • we do oatmeal with fruit in the morning (about 2oz total)... plain veggie (2oz) at lunch... and oatmeal and veggie for dinner.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We just do cereal with breakfast. We mix like 2 tablespoons of oatmeal with a jar of fruit and 1 ounce formula to make like a cream of wheat. At lunch we do a tub of veggies. At dinner we do a tub of the meat/veggie combos. We give him puffs after lunch and dinner. And lately he's been eating whatever we eat. Sometimes at dinner he only eats half of his food and eats more of what we are having.

• Thank you all for your input! And I apologize for the typos; my iPhone fixes things that don't need fixing;)
  • I think it boils down to whatever you want to do.  We do fruit and oatmeal in the morning, finger foods and some cereal (rice or mixed grain) at lunch, and veggies and meat at dinner.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • we do three times a day and we do oatmeal or another grain with fruit for breakfast, vegetable and meat for lunch and dinner.  landon's got a rice cereal allergy or i'd probably mix it with his dinner but i don't think there's anything that says you "have" to! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"