Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

I have a flammable confession.

I'm tired of nursing. Nursing both girls right now is making me a little bit crazy.

I just really want a day when nobody touches my boobs and I'm not a leaky lopsided mess.

It makes me feel like a bad mom when one of them needs to nurse and I feel annoyed. I'm hoping that part of the way I feel is due to hormones and things will get better soon.

Flame away. 

Re: I have a flammable confession.

• No flames at all.  I breastfed for a month and gave up because of MAJOR latching issues.  It was tough stuff.  Kuddos to you for doing it for so long!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Holy crap, no flames here. You're a super mom!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I bet part of it is just getting used to having both girls wanting to nurse. I hope it gets better for you soon.
  • I'm right there with you, but I'm only nursing my 13 day old.
  • No flames! Tandem nursing sounds extremely taxing. Do what you gotta do and don't feel bad about it!
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Your definitely not a bad mom at all.  I can't imagine nursing two kids, especially with one being a newborn. I just weaned DD since I wasn't gaining weight with this pregnancy but I am secretly glad because I want a break before the next baby.  I give you major props for breastfeeding both.  
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagesunnyday016:
    No flames! Tandem nursing sounds extremely taxing. Do what you gotta do and don't feel bad about it!

This! I love every moment, but I only have one and he's an easy nurser.

Um, yeah. The Bump be too crazy for pics of my kid.
  • No flames. You're amazing for being able to nurse both of them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No flames here! I'm sure I'll feel the same way for awhile when DD2 is born. Your youngest is only a week old, you're still in the hardest stretch! I'm sure hormones also have something to do with it...when I first got pregnant, nursing DD made me physically ill and I just wanted her to get away from me. I felt awful, but it passed quickly and I'm so glad we're still BFing. Kudos to you! You can do it!
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• Can you stop nursing your LO#1 to give you at least some relief? I felt overwhelmed when I got PG (and not to mention the sore boobs), so I weaned DD at 15 months. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No flames!   That would be incredibly exhausting!     
  • No flames here...I still don't like nursing and I'm down to 2...almost only 1 time a day.  And I loathed the newborn stage of nursing.
  • imagebrideofscowboy:
    Holy crap, no flames here. You're a super mom!

this!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh honey -- tandem nursing has got to be SO hard. 

I felt like that all the time when DD was a newborn (she would literally nurse for 3-4 hours straight in the evenings).  I'd want to scream -- I was sick of sitting down, my nipples hurt.  I can't imagine nursing a toddler at the same time!!

If it's any consolation, I was reading up on toddler nursing yesterday (I'm still nursing DD) and apparently when you're tandem nursing and have a newborn, your toddler often starts nursing a lot more (because she can sense there's this new creature taking some of mom's attention), but it calms down after a few weeks.  Hang in there!  It can only get better!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Apparently the doll needed a time out... image
  • imagebrideofscowboy:
    This exactly!
  • No flames from me! You are a rockstar, but I can understand your frustration. It will get better. But if it doesn't, you can consider weaning DD1 if you feel like it's really effecting your mood, sanity, etc. I know you might not want to, and if so, don't. But there's no guilt in it, either. KWIM?
  • No flames here-I'm surprised you're tolerating nursing both of them-that's got to be SO tough.  Hang in there!
  • imagebrideofscowboy:

This!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I feel the same way. Especially now that DD's pulling at my shirt saying "boob" every time she wants to eat. I'm tired of feeling like a big ol' boob. lol
  • Have you thought about just nursing the NB and weaning #1? That would probably make things so much better. I don't know how you do it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"