Babies: 9 - 12 Months

How should I punish DH....

So Dh was being nice and was fixing one of the prongs on my wedding ring. Well in the process he cracked the center gem. Hmmm what to do what to do.
Aug. 15 - Jan. Siggy Challenge "Mean Girls" Mona Vanderwaal Pretty Little Liars  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: How should I punish DH....

• Um...buy you a new ring?
  • New centerstone!! And a bigger one this time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Well one of those two things will be happening. Trying to find a new center stone should be fun. 

Do you think it would be cheaper to find the stone myself and then have a jeweler put it in the setting? Or have a jeweler get the stone and put it in? 

Aug. 15 - Jan. Siggy Challenge "Mean Girls" Mona Vanderwaal Pretty Little Liars  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagePrincessn678:

Well one of those two things will be happening. Trying to find a new center stone should be fun. 

Do you think it would be cheaper to find the stone myself and then have a jeweler put it in the setting? Or have a jeweler get the stone and put it in? 

Option 1, I would guess. 

• Is your ring insured? If you do, it will definitely cover your stone.

• Sorry, but WTF? How was he fixing your prong?! Eek that would scare me!

If you know what you're looking for you can find REALLY good deals on loose stones on Ebay. Was it a diamond in the center or just a white stone? If it was a diamond, just take it to a jeweler you trust. If it was a white stone (like a cubic or something) you can get those cheap and then just have a jeweler set it. 

Most places DO guarantee their jewelery but not for things like your husband playing Mr. Fix It. Your insurance may cover it though!

• imagesleepingbeauty825:

Sorry, but WTF? How was he fixing your prong?! Eek that would scare me!

If you know what you're looking for you can find REALLY good deals on loose stones on Ebay. Was it a diamond in the center or just a white stone? If it was a diamond, just take it to a jeweler you trust. If it was a white stone (like a cubic or something) you can get those cheap and then just have a jeweler set it. 

Most places DO guarantee their jewelery but not for things like your husband playing Mr. Fix It. Your insurance may cover it though!

LOL SB, He thought it was no biggie to fix it. I don't think its insured and we bought it from a jeweler in Ca and we are now in Texas.

It a Marquise Cut Tanzanite.  

• imagePrincessn678:
    imagesleepingbeauty825:

Sorry, but WTF? How was he fixing your prong?! Eek that would scare me!

Sad Oh no. Tanzanite is seriously getting more rare every single day. I would not buy a Tanzanite from ebay, no way! I thought it was going to be an easy fix, lol.

I think to replace your stone you will have to go to a jeweler. Depending on how he cracked it you might be able to look into recutting it, too. Good luck! Poor hubby, I'm sure he feels awful. 

LOL SB, He thought it was no biggie to fix it. I don't think its insured and we bought it from a jeweler in Ca and we are now in Texas.

It a Marquise Cut Tanzanite.  

Sad
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"