Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

NYE Dinner Plans!

So what are ya'll up to for dinner tonight?

We're going the stay-cozy-at-home route this year!  We're making FIL's pot roast, with stuffing on the side (I've got a weakness for Stovetop, what can I say!), and a simple green salad. 

For dessert I'm finally going to break out the ramekins and torch we got from our wedding registry and try my hand at making my favorite dessert ever -- creme brulee!  And hubby picked up a ($5) bottle of champagne, woo!

my currently-reading shelf:
Jennifer's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

Re: NYE Dinner Plans!

• Options

I always wanted to make creme brulee!  Hope it turns out well.

We're going to a neighbor's and we're bringing

https://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/11/french-onion-soup-stuffed-mushrooms/

and

https://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/02/apple_dumplings/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagepurplepolish:

https://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/11/french-onion-soup-stuffed-mushrooms/

and

I hope it goes well too, I've never made it before hahaha!

I love PW!  I got her cookbook for Christmas this year :D  I'm using her creme brulee recipe from that book as a matter of fact!  Those dumplings look TO DIE FOR!  Have you made them before?

my currently-reading shelf:
    Jennifer's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH and I were suppose to go to Tahoe for a weekend of snow fun but I'm still fighting a sinus cold and figured it not the best decision.  So we are staying home tonight, I'm going to make lasagna and we'll probably play a card game or something. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagetigerhearted:
    imagepurplepolish:

and

I hope it goes well too, I've never made it before hahaha!

I love PW!  I got her cookbook for Christmas this year :D  I'm using her creme brulee recipe from that book as a matter of fact!  Those dumplings look TO DIE FOR!  Have you made them before?

oh sweet...she is awesome.  I have made the dumplings a lot actually and now our friends always want us to bring them.  They are sinfully naughty though...so we only make them to bring out of the house!  I haven't made the mushrooms yet though but I think they'll be amazing.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We're staying home too, and our neighbors are coming over. We're going with a country French theme - cheeses, a simple salad, roast chicken with brandy, potatoes, brussels sprouts, and the good French wine and champagne that has been living in our wine fridge for a while now.
  • Options
    Sounds very nice!I have braised short ribs slow cooking in the oven right now, made them with a pomegranate sauce! My DS and I are currently watching Toy Story 3 and my husband is outside cleaning the gutters since it is almost 60 degrees here today! (in Chicago...crazy!) My husband picked up a really nice bottle of champagne and wine for later, plus our tradition of chocolate covered strawberries :)
    WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • Options

PARTAY at my house!! Big Smile Been cleaning and cooking all day!! So far, I have these olives, prepped some lil' smokies with bacon wrapped around them for the oven, and when they come out they'll get a dose of a sweet and spicy ketchup based sauce, the next to go in the oven is this jalapeno popper dip, and of course some simple pigs in a blanket (using croissant rolls and more lil smokies), and some velveeta & rotel! Oh, and I'm cheating too... Some pizza rolls Stick out tongue

Don't worry, there will be photographic documentation tomorrow!!

"For I know the plans I have for you,
  • Options

We are going to a friends house.  It will be fun, but I kinda wish we were staying home like we have since being together. She has 5 kids, including 14 month old twins so drinking will be at a minimum.

We went waaaaay overboard on the food.  It's an appetizer-style dinner.

Veggie Pizza 

Pepperoni Roll

Sausage Roll

Water Chestnuts wrapped in bacon

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Grape Jelly and Chili Sauce Meatballs

Salami Roll-ups

Sausage/Velveeta/Salsa Dip (AKA Baby sh*t dip)

Cheese and Crackers

Homemade Hot Pepper Jelly

Spinach Dip 

• Options

I am having whatever I feel like making myself. DH is taking a nap now and heading to work at 8:30. I am going to head up to the bar around 11ish and say happy new year and then probably head home and go to bed. Not feeling the new year and considering I am pretty much celebrating alone so I figured I would make an appearance, say happy new year and head home to bed. Fun and exciting huh?

Hope all of you ladies have a great time tonight.

• Options

We are going out to enjoy a 5 course dinner at an Asian restaurant with wine pairings! We will probably just come home after and play wii or go to sleep! 

Have fun making your creme brulee! That's my bosses favorite thing for me to make him! :)  

BabyFruit Ticker

TTC 2.0
    Surprise BFP! Beta#1:37 Beta#2: 97

TTC 1.0
    IUI #1=BFN
    IUI #2=BFP! Beta#1:87 Beta #2:1050
    ~It's a GIRL!~
    Lily born 10/30/12

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."
  • Options
    I'm working tonight so...I'm sitting next to a box of pizza, I have some mini candy bars, and a bottle of sparkling grape juice...complete with tacky plastic margarita glasses (b/c the store was out of champagne glasses). Happy New Years everyone!!!
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options
    grilling steak w/ onions and twice baked potatoes..
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"