Stay at Home Moms

Recommend your Favorite Disposable Diaper!

I'm pregnant with my first and was lurking in the Connect with Pampers board, mainly to see what it was, and it got me thinking about diaper brands.

I'll be starting my registry soon and was wondering what brands to register for so I'm asking all of you experienced moms what's your favorite or which ones do you hate and why?

Thanks so much! 

Re: Recommend your Favorite Disposable Diaper!

• I love Up & Up (Target) and Pampers.  I usually buy whichever is cheapest.  Amazon with S&S seems to be the cheapest right now.

I hate Huggies and Luvs.  Luvs leaked horribly and she had blow outs in Huggies as a newborn.  I also thought the Huggies were a little too tight around her legs and left red marks.

DD: 04/09 TTC#2 since 10/09 Dx: PCOS w/IR M/c #1: 07/10 M/c #2: 09/10 M/c #3: 03/11
  • Loading the player...
  • from what i've been told eveyone has an opinion. we're pampers loyal here- swaddlers then cruisers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • I prefer the pampers swaddlers for little babies (there have been terrible reviews because of the rash thing, but I've never had that problem once) and Luvs for once they get to about a size 4 and up. 
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Target brand!
    Andrea 7/9/08, Joaquin 4/18/11, boy coming 12/18/13 Forever missed: Gabriel 11/24/09 at 20 weeks
  • When DD was littler I used Pampers Swaddlers & loved them.  In sizes NB & 1 they have a line that turns blue when they are wet.  Now I use Huggies Snug & Dry & haven't ever had a problem with them & DD has never had a diaper rash only a little redness when she is a super tinkle bum.  I use Huggies Overnight or Fisher Price Nights for night time.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Do NOT register for diapers.

Diapers that work for one baby doesn't necessarily work for others. Each baby is different. it is trial and error. it could even change as baby gets older. For us Pampers work great in the beginning- but we switched to Huggies as they got bigger.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I like whichever one is on sale.  I've put nearly every brand and style on my child and I never had a problem with any of them. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Like Stacy said, I wouldn't stock up on too much of any diaper or register for any specific one either.  We tried lots of brands in the beginning and all of them worked out well, except Huggies.  We had major leaks with Huggies and haven't ever tried them again.

Since Size 2, I've been VERY happy with Luvs.  We use them pretty much religiously and I have tried others - Target's Up and Up, Costco brand, etc. and none of them work as well, IMO.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I only tried Huggles and Pampers, and Huggies leaked. Honestly, every kid is different so just ask for a couple kinds and try them out when they are new.
  • We use cloth except when we go out and about or on vacation. We use Huggies, we have tried other brands and just don't love them.
  • We are Pampers Cruisers fans
  • Sam's club brand (member's mark) work great for us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"