3rd Trimester

Lost mucus plug at 31 weeks?

I haven't had any unusual discharge with this pregnancy; however, earlier today, I went to the bathroom and there was a pretty big glob of clear and white mucus that was different than anything I've seen so far.  DH and I did have sex earlier in the day, but we've been doing that pretty regularly and I've never seen anything like this before.  Is it possible that I've lost my mucus plug this early and should I be concerned?  I feel like I've read so many different things about mucus plugs... I know that losing it does not mean that I'm going into labor right away, but just wondering if anyone else lost their mucus plug this early and what that meant?  Also, does it grow back?  I hope so because I know that it's there to keep out bacterica/protect the baby.

Anyway, just being a nervous nellie, I guess!  Thanks, ladies.  Happy New Year!

Re: Lost mucus plug at 31 weeks?

• I've had that starting this past week, but from my experience with DS it's not my mucus plug.  And even if it was, it definitely regenerates.
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Its possible part of it came loose during intercourse. I was just asking my doc about this sort of thing and she says it can happen, it will grow back and she pretty much said no more sex until 6 weeks after baby :-/
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 34 weeks and lost mine on xmas day, 33 w 2 d. i went into labor that day, got a shot of terbutiline in the hospital and have been labor free since. no sex of course and no more baths for sure. but u could def still go to term.  

• imagechicsub:
    I've had that starting this past week, but from my experience with DS it's not my mucus plug.  And even if it was, it definitely regenerates.

This. I thought I had been losing my mucus plug with Annabelle, but when I went to the hospital in labor, they actually had to pull it out. It was unlike anything I was expecting. Its MASSIVE. Like, the size of your fist. At least that's how big mine was and I was 39 weeks when I went into labor. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"