Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Such a new mommy question... (TMI... sorta.)

but it's never happened to me. DS is sick and has the runs, poor little butt is on fire. It could be just a bad day, but how many days till I should call the Pedi? Like I said, stupid question, but I am a first time mom and I have never dealt with this. TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Re: Such a new mommy question... (TMI... sorta.)

• If he still has the runs tomorrow and you have an on call number, you could give them a call. The biggest thing I worry about is dehydration. Hope little man feels better soon.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • To help with the redness on his poor little bottom, try mixing liquid maalox with desitin.  Could be teething diarrhea.
    image pregnancy calendar Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagernfromtn:
    To help with the redness on his poor little bottom, try mixing liquid maalox with desitin.  Could be teething diarrhea.

ugh dd had diarrhea from teething all last week.  it was horrible.

i would think the biggest concern would be dehydration as well.  we just offered dd bottles a little more frequently to keep fluids in her.

and when I worked in daycare, one of the parents had us putting I think maalox on their daughters bum, followed by sprinkling it with cornstarch.  seemed a bit ridiculous but it worked.

• try giving her a warm bath and letting it air out a bit. my son gets it bad when he is getting his teeth. 

Ajetter-your daughter has the same name as i do!! lol fun

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Also, make sure you're sticking with the BRAT diet, and giving him lots of fluids. Pedialyte may be a good idea if this goes on for more than one day.

Good luck!

Jack Anderson 2.28.10 Our amazing little man. image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"