Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Are your animals intrigued with LO?

So I have 2 cats and a dog. The dog and younger cat LOVE Remy. Like, LOVE. My older cat on the other hand wants nothing to do with him.

Theo and Remy sleeping next to me. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Are your animals intrigued with LO?

• Our cat could care less. Our dog is very protective of him-he runs right over if hes crying as if he's making sure he's ok.  He sits by him for every feeding and iaper change.  he always gives R kisses :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Awwww that's so cute!

My cat and dog are both scared to death of Liam. 

Liam 07/08/10 -- TTC #2 -- my cloth vlog -- & daily cloth diaper deals Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Our male lab doesn't pay much attention to her.  Our female lab is very motherly.  Wants to lick her feet, checks on her when she cries, lays next to her during tummy time, wants to share her bones, etc. Our male lab secretly sneaks in the nursery at night to lie by her crib when he thinks we aren't looking though.  
    DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageJKat876:
    Our cat could care less. Our dog is very protective of him-he runs right over if hes crying as if he's making sure he's ok.  He sits by him for every feeding and iaper change.  he always gives R kisses :)

This is us also for the most part.  Most of our cats don't care.  One of them likes to lick his head though.  The dog is way protective -he'll snap at the cats if they wander too close- makes me nervous.

• yea i've got two dachshunds and they're both protective as hell of DS.  But when there's no danger around, the female doesn't give a crap about him lol the male dog loves him!  he gets so freakin happy when we bring him home and freaks out when we start taking him out of the car seat and then smells him all over.  it's cute, but i'm sure he'll back off once DS gets old enough to start grabbing fur and tails lol
  • None of our animals give a flip... we have 2 dogs and a cat. The dogs want to lick on him occasionally, but I won't let them. The cat still thinks he's a lap-stealing intruder. She told me so. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah, our female Lab/Beagle, Pepper, LOVES to lick on him. I am constantly having to take him away from her. But she's really gentle around him.

Theo just wants to smell and snuggle him. Which I have to watch out for, though he's never been near his face. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had two cats and two dogs when LO came home.  One dog was way more interested than my liking.  She was a bit snippy so we had to get rid of her because I feared that she might try to bite LO.  I wouldn't even put her on the floor for tummy time or in her bouncer or swing with this dog around.  We also had to get rid of one of the cats because she started to use her closet as her litter box.  The cat and dog we still have are interested but not overly interested.  As she gets older and more mobile I am sure they will have lots of fun running around.
  • I have 3 dogs, the 2 Labs could care less about her, and actually run away from her. My basset OTOH, adores DD, and DD adores Marlowe. Marlowe (Basset) goes straight into DD's room every morning to check on her. We all pile onto my recliner chair at night to watch some TV and DD loves to drool all over Marlowe. Which is only fair, because the dog is drooling all over me.

Lilypie - (fjc0)

• Our cat hates our DS. She gives him stink eye when he is on the floor and ignores him a lot. My DH used to give her plenty of lap time and, unfortunately, doesn't give her as much. I feel bad for her, but I don't get much time to cuddle with her in addition to DS.
    DS 09.11.10
  • My dogs are IN LOVE with my DD. My German Shepherd however, acts like my DD is her puppy. Just like a pp said, she will lay next to wherever she is, run over to her if she cries, and at night if she wakes up she will run to her bedroom door and whine until I go in there lol.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersPhotobucket
  • No the cats aren't intrigued by DD, but she sure is intrigued by them! We are teaching her how to pet them gently. They run the other way but every time she sees one she stops whatever she's doing and watches them.

• not even a little bit.  Our cat is really good with him though, Ethan just discovered our cat and will grab at him if he can reach him. Oscar (our cat) doesn't like it but takes it.
  • Mmm, our husky is interested and really likes her. He wants to lick her and howls when she cries. He wants to lick her when she cries. It's like he thinks it will make her feel better. Our lab mix is not that interested in her, although she occasionally comes and sniffs her. They both seem pleased to see her in the morning or when I bring her out to the car from daycare. I think they've accepted her as part of the family, but I don't think they'll really love her until she's older and can play with them a bit. They're both awesome with toddlers.
  • Of my mom's 3 cats, the youngest male LOVES him, licks his face and everything, the female is indifferent, and the oldest male hisses and growls at him. I think he's jealous. lol
  • imagemainerocks:

imageangelame1979:
    I had two cats and two dogs when LO came home.  One dog was way more interested than my liking.  She was a bit snippy so we had to get rid of her because I feared that she might try to bite LO.  I wouldn't even put her on the floor for tummy time or in her bouncer or swing with this dog around.  We also had to get rid of one of the cats because she started to use her closet as her litter box.  The cat and dog we still have are interested but not overly interested.  As she gets older and more mobile I am sure they will have lots of fun running around.

So you didn't try to address the issues with the cat and dog? Just ditched them? Awesome person you are. 

My thoughts exactly.  

BabyModel$$ Pictures, Images and Photos Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We have a husky mix & he acts the same way... Constantly wants to lick our LO in the face, ear... well anywhere he can! When we 1st brougtht the baby home, the dog was completely freaked out when he creid. Running over to us at the first sound. He's gotten a lot more mellow, but sems to be as protective as ever. Sits next to him when LO is on his play mat. & sits in the doorway of LO's room when I'm feeidn him. I cant wait to see how they play together once our little guy starts to crawl & eventually walk
  • We have two cats and two dogs.  The cats could honestly care less about the baby.  My male dog is starting to come around with the little guy.  My male was ALWAYS mommy?s baby and got all of my attention.  So, it?s been hard for him not getting the attention he got before.  My female dog is OBSESSED with DS.  She doesn?t leave him alone.  She lays next to him and is constantly kissing him. 

I always have to watch her and DS because now Noah sticks his tongue out for the dog to lick.  It?s completely disgusting, but the two of them think it?s the best thing in the world.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 062312242_zpscfcb3e04 photo 062312242_zpscfcb3e04-1_zps5a48d3e6.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"