Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

We are going on a TTC break.

Hi ladies. DH and I are having a very hard time right now. I caught him stealing ALOT of stuff from my dad's hardware stores, and he had been hiding stuff in his shop over time. I considered all of our options, I even considered ending it because we have been through this before, except this time was worse. He was selling stolen stuff online. (All of it belonging to my dad)

I have decided to give him a chance, but this time, he is going to go to a psychiatrist for Kleptomania. I am so heartbroken, so embarassed, and utterly shattered. I cannot believe I didn't figure this out before, I feel so stupid. I have confidence that this can be fixed, but it may take years to ever trust him again. We are going to hold off on TTC atleast until I see how effective the treatment is. Maybe a few months? maybe several?

I think calling the clinic to cancel this session was the hardest phone call I have ever made. I did one injection and five days worth of femara already..........

For those of you who know the situation with our families: We told my parents since it was their stuff DH was stealing and they are very supportive, just worried about me. They are not going to fire him at this point or press charges because they know it would hurt me and they still love him. They are VERY supportive. My parents are heroes.

We told DH's dad and he was mad, and kept saying that this would ruin the familie's reputation, and for the first time, I got brave and told him that we are past reputations. This is a serious concern. DH could go to jail, and he is risking everything. Reputation doesn't even matter anymore. He refused to tell DH's mom, saying that she can't handle it and wanted to sweep it under the rug. I am convinced the lack of consequences in his childhood has a role in all this. I hope to come back very soon! I have high hopes for DH. He really is a great guy. Just a great guy with a big problem.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: We are going on a TTC break.

• Options
    I'm sorry to read this, SkyBee. Take care of yourselves.
  • Options

I'm so sorry, you have a LOT on your plate. I hope you DH gets the help he needs. 

((hugs)) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry that your TTC break is being prompted by all of this. I hope you get some resolution for both of you soon.
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are dealing with this, Sky.  I hope you are able to work everything out.
  • Options

{{{SKY}}}

I think you are doing an incredible thing in the way that you are dealing with this.  I know what strength and courage it took for you to stand up to your in-laws.

I really hope that this whole sitation works out how you want it to.  Best of luck in the future.

• Options
    I am so so sorry. You are very brave to be able to deal. I hope for the best for you and your husband. I hope he can make a recovery from his situation. Please take care. I hope your 2011 brings you a better year.
  • Options

imagesulfababy:
    I'm sorry to read this, SkyBee. Take care of yourselves.

all of this.

• Options
    I know I'm pretty new here, but I wanted to say I wish you and your husband the best as you go through this tough time. I think you are a trooper for standing by him and am glad he is getting help. Our upbringing has a way of rearing its ugly head over and over until we decide to deal with it like adults. Good luck with everything!
  • Options
    Aww, skybee, I'm so sorry... I can understand taking a break for you two to get through this together... It sounds like you are being very calm about this which is good, and great that you have such fantastic, supportive parents. I'll keep you two in my prayers!! <3
    "For I know the plans I have for you,
  • Options
    I am sorry Skybee.  Hope DH gets the help he needs and that you are back in no time.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sorry Sky, I am hope it all works out for you and YH!  T&Ps for you!
    <3 Tons of love and hugs to Ricola & Baby Alex <3 <br> MySweetBaboo, IRL friend, always rooting for Baboo #2, love ya girl!<3 <br> 7.7.11 BFP | 3.19.12 EDD | 3.14.12 Baby Girl's BDay
    | Purse Blog |
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this Sky. I am also dealing with a husband who is in counseling for Entitlement and avoidance issues, if you ever need anyone to talk to feel free to PM me. {hugs}
    I'm a bird.
  • Options
    Wishing you all of the best in 2011, hopefully you and DH will make it through this and be a stronger, happier couple as a result. Best of luck.

"Even miracles take a little time"

• Options
    Hope this all gets sorted out- you know, stuff happens in families that test everyone, and you all become stronger for it after, and hopefully closer. Hoping this happens for you!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sorry that you're going through all of this!  I really hope that you can work through it and ultimately make the decision that it's best for you.  Best of luck Sky!
    TTC #1 12.2009 BFP #1 7.2.2011 Baby Girl 3.17.2012
    Cycle 11 - Clomid 100mg + Follistim + hCg trigger + IUI= BFP!
    Beta/P4 #1(13dpo): 94.5/47, Beta/P4 #2 (17dpo): 625/19.5, Beta/P4 #3 (19dpo): 1285/18.2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP Chart
  • Options

imageActingdiva09:
    Aww, skybee, I'm so sorry... I can understand taking a break for you two to get through this together... It sounds like you are being very calm about this which is good, and great that you have such fantastic, supportive parents. I'll keep you two in my prayers!! <3

This

• Options
    I'm so very sorry you're going through this. You're a wonderful wife to be willing to stick by him through this and see the greatness within him despite this issue. Take care :)
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this.  I think you're taking some really brave steps.  Good luck, I hope you find a good resolution soon!
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Jennifer's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through such a tough time right now. I hope your DH is able to get the help he needs and you both come out of this stronger.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am so sorry, but it sounds like you guys are taking all the right steps.  I hope it all gets worked out soon for both of your.

TTC since 2010

lots of IUIs and 1 IVF all BFNs

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

• Options
    Sky I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this. You are such an incredibly strong person and I think you are dealing with this in a very adult way. I hope that everything works out and most of all, I hope for your happiness. 
  • Options
    So sorry about your situation. I hope things get better real soon. I am always here to help if you need it
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sky I'm so sorry. Trials like these don't make sense right now, but remember that in time everything will get figured out. I'll be praying for you and your husband. Stay strong and close to your Heavenly Father.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby G
  • Options

((HUGS))

I am so sorry you guys are going through this. I can't even begin to imagine how hard this must be for both of you. Take care! 

• Options
    Oh my god, hon.  (((HUGS)))  You sound like a very brave person and that you guys have a strong plan for moving forward together.  I hope it all works out for you.  Check out the quote in my siggy - I stole it from a friend's FB status this morning and I found it particularly inspiring on this eve of a new year :)
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• Options
    Sky, it takes a big man to admit he has a problem. I sincerely hope treatment will help him of his disease and that you two can rekindle what's left. Don't feel embarrassed or ashamed, things like this really happen to the best of us. Help your DH along, assuming he wants your help. Look for the brighter side of things, he may just come out of the tunnel a better man. I wish you lots of luck and hope for your return.
  • Options

I'm really sorry, SkyBee.  I hope everything works out for you.

((hugs))

BabyFruit Ticker TTC #2 since March 2010. 2 LOSSES ... c/p - Dec 2010. Ectopic - March 2011. Me: 35; DH: 34 DX: DOR, egg quality issues ; DH - all normal FSH 10.1, Estradiol 21.8, AMH 0.49 IVF #1 (Oct/Nov 2011) (Antagonist with BCP's)- 5R, 0 eggs to transfer CD3 b/w by same RE 1/2012: FSH 6, AMH 1.4...wtf?? IVF #2 (Apr 2012) EPP/Antagonist with ICSI - 10R, 7M, 6 ICSI'd, 2F. 3DT = BFN AMH tested by new RE 6/2012 - 2! Saving money for IVF #3. Started a ton of supplements in May 2012 and hoping for a miracle! SURPRISE BFP!! (October 2012)
  • Options
    I'm so sorry SkyBee.. I wish you all the luck in the world. I couldn't imagine being in your situation. Stay strong! And just remember YOU are #1!
  • Options
    T&Ps are with you and YH. ((hugs))
  • Options
    Oh wow Sky, I'm sorry that you're going through this right now...
  • Options
    Sky I'm so sorry. I hope you both resolve these issues so your relationship stays strong. GL :)
  • Options

Oh, Skybee. I'm very sorry that you're dealing with this, and I very truly hope from the bottom of my heart that the help that YH is getting is the help that he needs, and that you are able to mend your relationship and he makes the changes that he needs to in order to earn back your trust and your family's.

I will keep you in my thoughts and best of luck in getting things all sorted out.

BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • Options
    Oh sweet sky I'm so sorry. Take care of yourself hun {{hugs}}
  • Options
    Oh Sky I'm sorry to hear this! Good to know he's taking the right steps. ::hugs::
     Mama to Baby K. born @25wks due to pProm/PTL. Forever in Our Hearts. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    *hugs* I hope everything works out for you and DH.
  • Options
    Good luck to you.  Marriage is definitely no tea party and takes a lot of work at times.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I';m so sorry to hear this, love. I somewhat understand where you're coming from. If it gives you any comfort, when I just went on my hiatus, DH had some things he needed to change and initially was unwilling. I did as well. Therapy really really helped me. I went to a counselor w/o DH and it has changed our relationship for the better in so many ways. I really hope things can be worked out.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options
    Sky I am so sorry to hear this. I hope this new year brings some answers and resolutions your way really soon. T&P are with you during this difficult time.
  • Options
    Oh sweetie I am so sorry! We went through some really difficult times too and stopped TTC from last Dec to this August. It was the hardest decision but ultimately gave him the space to work through some issues with a counselor and we are in a much better place. I tell you this just to give you hope. If you need an ear please PM me.

• Options
    I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with this. It sounds like you're doing the right thing. It'll be tough but I hope it all turns out ok.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"