Baby Names

Harper?

Tell me what u think ladies :) thanks
Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Harper?

• Unisex names in general are not my style. Are you considering this for a boy or girl?

If you are naming a girl in honor of Harper Lee, I like it just a bit more, but that concept is getting more and more popular every day (probably boosted a bit by the recent popularity of Atticus).

• its a last name. IMO, it means the same as Nagger. Harping on something = Nagging about something. Not something I'd name my kid. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • A trendy name that will soon be out of style.........(and not soon enough)
  • imageSarahPLiz:
    its a last name. IMO, it means the same as Nagger. Harping on something = Nagging about something. Not something I'd name my kid. 
    It is a last name, but the meaning ,"to play the HARP" a musical instrument.
  • imageSarahPLiz:
    IMO, it means the same as Nagger. Harping on something = Nagging about something. Not something I'd name my kid. 
    I agree it sounds that way, but according to BehindTheName.com, the first name was from an Old English surname which originally belonged to a person who played the harp or who made harps.
  • imageEaglefoot23:
    imageSarahPLiz:
    IMO, it means the same as Nagger. Harping on something = Nagging about something. Not something I'd name my kid. 
    I agree it sounds that way, but according to BehindTheName.com, the first name was from an Old English surname which originally belonged to a person who played the harp or who made harps.

I know what it really means, which is why I qualified that opinion with IMO. That's the way it sounds to me.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • It's NMS, however my newest cousin born on the 28th was just named this and I'm glad they went with this name. Their other choice was LIberty- not even kidding!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • imagesaham07:
    A trendy name that will soon be out of style.........(and not soon enough)

Yes 

It's a Boy!! Baby #1 - Born 11/2/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't like it. However, if there was someone who really loved unisex names, then this would be way better than all of the Reilleys and Taylors out there.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • I absolutely love it!! Cute for a girl or a boy, I think.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesaham07:
    A trendy name that will soon be out of style.........(and not soon enough)

THIS!!! 

• I love Harper for a girl! (not so much for a boy)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree.  It's on my list for a girl

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"