April 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone else feel like LO definitely knows "Daddy's voice"?

Everything that I've read talks about how lower voices can be better heard by LO's in utero, and I just wondered if anyone else's LO seems to "know" your SO's voice already.

Last night, there was an open mic in town that was pretty eclectic--a teenage metal band, some folks doing bluegrass, and a few singer/songwriter types. When Jared was on-stage, it seriously felt like Liam was kicking like, "Hey, that's the guy who's always playing guitar and singing at home! We LIKE this guy!"

MacAndCheese
Mac and cheese lover!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else feel like LO definitely knows "Daddy's voice"?

• Options
    That is great!  My DH is really quiet and I do wonder if the baby knows who it's daddy is.  He is actually a fantastic singer but way too shy about it.  I really hope he will sing to the baby once it's here! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Awww...about your DH's shyness :-) Jared's the musical guy who doesn't talk. So far, I think he's said things to my tummy like, "Hello in there" and "Can't wait to meet you." But he's always playing guitar and singing. The Belly Buds (which I'm going to write a review of and am wearing right now) have a way that you can record mp3 messages and play them to your LO through your iPod, and Jared wants to "record" a message for the baby, so he doesn't have to think about what to say...

Just remind your DH that LOs don't "know" music theory yet. They're probably not going to tell you if you're sharp or flat or nasally, etc. I pretty much only sing when I'm home alone with the pets, so hopefully I'm not self-conscious singing around the LO when he gets here.

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's really cute! This LO doesn't seem to enjoy music like DS did. DS was and still is always dancing around to music. Since before he was born he was forever kicking in my belly while there was music playing - sometimes to the point where I'd have to turn the radio off in traffic for fear of peeing on myself from bladder kicks. This baby however rarely boogies to any type of music.
  • Options
    Yeah I have noticed that he moves around more when he hears DH.  I am sure once he is born he will turn towards DH and think " Hey, I know you."
  • Options

imageMG7:
    That's really cute! This LO doesn't seem to enjoy music like DS did. DS was and still is always dancing around to music. Since before he was born he was forever kicking in my belly while there was music playing - sometimes to the point where I'd have to turn the radio off in traffic for fear of peeing on myself from bladder kicks. This baby however rarely boogies to any type of music.

That's how this one is :-) What kind of musician is your DH? Jared's already excited about things like tiny guitars, violins, etc. 

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• Options

Olivia def knows when daddy is talking or reading to her.  When I read theres not much movement but when daddy does she moves a lot.  She also moves when biggest sister Breanna talks to her.

I think she just likes hearing other people besides me.

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yep.. Peanut moves around like crazy when daddy talks or reads to her. It's so cute! 
  • Options

She definitely knows her daddy's voice.  When Will was born (via c/s) he was screaming while they cleaned him up.  He calmed down the second my husband started talking to him...he recognized his voice.

My husband now talks to Josie at least once a day so she'll know his voice when she's born.  It's also a great way for daddies to bond.  :)

• Options
    Now that he's more active, I don't notice a difference when DH is around, but when he was smaller and I only felt him from time to time, he could definitely tell his daddy's voice. In fact, around 21 weeks that was almost exclusively when he would kick.
  • Options

I've definately felt that he knows his daddy's voice.  He generally starts moving/kicking when he comes home from work and starts talking to him. 

I've been visiting my family in Las Vegas for the past week without DH, I'm really curious to see how LO responds when I pick him up from the airport tonight!

• Options
    imageshaindelr:

imageMG7:

That's how this one is :-) What kind of musician is your DH? Jared's already excited about things like tiny guitars, violins, etc. 

Nah DH only plays the radio :)

His brother plays the guitar and his mother plays the piano.

My brothers play a lot of different instruments. I'm hoping DS takes after them since they seem to just figure out how to play whatever they  pick up.  

• Options
    Jack definetly knows when daddy is near by...if DH actually talks to my belly he sometimes moves forward or will kick
  • Options

imageMG7:

Nah DH only plays the radio :)

His brother plays the guitar and his mother plays the piano.

My brothers play a lot of different instruments. I'm hoping DS takes after them since they seem to just figure out how to play whatever they  pick up.  

Oh. Ooops! Someone on the list who is a teacher said their DH is a musician and gigs at night and will be a SAHD during the day. I thought it was you. That would be great if your DS gets musical talent, though :-)

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"