Indiana Babies

ILs Vent

Last year in February MIL came to visit and Rowan RSV even though she only had a "minor cold" as she put it. It really pissed me off and he almost ended up in the hospital, but I got over it.

Fast forward to now... ILs came to visit last week and SIL had what seemed like a really bad cold. I was pissed because I knew we'd all end up getting it. Well a few days ago DH comes down with all the same symptoms as her and a day later so did Rowan. Rowan has it really bad today... a terrible cough, really runny nose, he just seems miserable :(.

I've not been sick at all and I couldn't figure out why. Then I remembered, I had the flu vaccine but still had yet to take Rowan to get his (after my fiasco with the last time we got vaccines, I was putting it off). So I'm pretty certain now he has the flu. :( 

I told DH that no matter what, from now if anyone is sick they cannot come visit us until Rowan is older. And if we have a newborn, especially not then. Ugh, it pisses me off so extremely much. I want them to see Rowan but seriously, keep your damn germs at home!

Re: ILs Vent

• I can relate.  My cousin's wife made a few FB posts on Thursday about the "bug" she had, Friday she posted how much better she felt.  Fast forward to Saturday, she's at Christmas.  Three kids 2 and under and my late 70's grandparents, good call cousin's wife.  My BIL and grandpa were throwing up on Monday and L threw up several times Wednesday night.  

Of course today DH is feeling gross.  I'm so happy she felt good enough to come to Christmas. 

• That sucks :(

Thankfully we have an "excuse" for people to stay away - I wish people understood that it isn't fair to get kids sick!!  Poor Rowan!

• Loading the player...
  • I definitely understand!  Every stinking time we spend a holiday with my niece, she has a cold.  

Although this year I think we might have shared our colds with her, but I TOLD my brother and SIL that we all had colds and they still brought her over!  Poor girl!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"