Cloth Diapering

day one of CD--leakage issues! help!

Ok, so I've gone through 2 out of the 3 cloth diapers I purchased.

So far, the first one leaked a bit out of a leg, the 2nd one leaked out of the top near the tummy...baby is now in a disposable until the next diaper change. 

I have the snaps on the smallest setting, 1 insert and 1 liner (in case of poo). 

I wonder if I make it 2 inserts, adjust the snaps to the mid-way length if that will help. 

Any advice from the trenches? 

oh..and I need advice about washing too.

Re: day one of CD--leakage issues! help!

• Which diapers are you using?

Sounds like they may be pockets... is the insert soaked when you pull it out? If it is, you need to change more frequently. If it isn't, it's a fit issue. You can experiment with adjusting the rise snaps, getting the diaper tighter around the legs, different types of diapers, etc.

What advice do you need about washing? Typical routine is a cold rinse, hot wash with a CD-friendly detergent, extra rinse.

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

• What brand?

How much does LO weigh and how tall is he?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Did you prep your diapers before using them? CD's need to be washed and dried at least 1-2 times before they become fully absorbant. If you're using hemp, it can be 3-5 times for them to be at full absorbancy.

TTC#1 since Mar 2008. Serious MFI due to cancer. 3 cancelled IUI's, just about every test in the book. IVF#1 - BFP! Twin girls arrived 2/5/10 at 35w2d. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They are gogreenpocketdiapers.com, I don't blame the diapers....

I did 1 wash, 1 dry, and I changed him after 2hours (I change him every 2 hours), the diapers are pocket diapers, the insert is microfiber I believe. 

He is about 18 lbs and not sure how tall, but I think he is on the tall-skinny side. 

I did notice that the inside of the diaper peeks out of the diaper. 

the 3rd diaper worked like a charm, but it was also a different material on the inside, more lamby-wool looking and didn't have a 'peeking out of the top' problem. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"