Toddlers: 24 Months+

2 year-old fighting naps, ugh!

My 2 year-old son is fighting his naps this week. I think it is just because he is off his schedule and home with me this week instead of daycare, but boy it is frustrating. I try to keep the schedule as best I can but it is tough. Any other advice?

Re: 2 year-old fighting naps, ugh!

• Just stick to your routine as much as possible and still put him down for a nap even if he won't sleep for you. DS went on a nap strike for a few weeks right when he turned 2, but I still put him in his bed and kept him in there for an hour or so and made him rest even though he wouldn't sleep. He eventually started napping again. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I hear ya!  My DS has napped like 2 or 3 times in the past week.  It is frustrating because I know he needs them because he gets soooo tired later afternoon. I too am home with him this week and off schedule but he was starting not to nap at the sitters a few weeks before.  He will be 3 in March so I think he may be starting to not need as much sleep.  Luckily, however, he will lay quietly in his crib and look at a book for and hour or sometimes more so he gets some rest time.  He won't fight that and it's better than nothing in my eyes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"