Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

In-law trauma-drama

How many of you have mother-in-law drama?  I know I sure do.  Not the way I wanted to start off the new year.  How to deal when a baby arrives?? agghhh

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: In-law trauma-drama

• Options

***please note that I am chosing my words carefully***

I could very easily write a book on my MIL.  There are some serious, serious issues in our relationship to the point where I almost didn't marry Mr. Pants. 

I don't want to write them all here but I would love to have a way that those of us with issues could discuss and vent and give advice.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My MIL was fine until we got engaged last year.  Once that happened she was up my ass and always wanting to spend time with me and know everything.  My view?  Lady, I was around for 7 and a half years before this, if you wanted to get to know me, why didn't you start earlier?  Now it's just kind of annoying.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageloveypants:

I could very easily write a book on my MIL.  There are some serious, serious issues in our relationship to the point where I almost didn't marry Mr. Pants. 

I don't want to write them all here but I would love to have a way that those of us with issues could discuss and vent and give advice.

I went through something similar with my MIL. Things are "OK," but I know that I'm not willing to ever let our relationship get too close.
    TTC #1 12.2009 BFP #1 7.2.2011 Baby Girl 3.17.2012
    Cycle 11 - Clomid 100mg + Follistim + hCg trigger + IUI= BFP!
    Beta/P4 #1(13dpo): 94.5/47, Beta/P4 #2 (17dpo): 625/19.5, Beta/P4 #3 (19dpo): 1285/18.2
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP Chart
  • Options
    I did not get along with my MIL when we got married and for the first 6 years of marriage.  Then we had a death in the family and it changed our entire relationship.  Sad that someone had to die for her to understand how committed I was to her son but now we are very close.  I have gone from loathing the woman to prefering her over my own mother when LO comes.  I know that it is not like that for everyone but things have gotten better for me.
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageamor_eterno:
    imageloveypants:

I went through something similar with my MIL. Things are "OK," but I know that I'm not willing to ever let our relationship get too close.

I totally get this.  When I'm around her, I tolerate her, and that's all it is...toleration. 

It's very very hard for me to bite my tongue around DH because I tend to spout some pretty nasty things.  I always have to remind myself that regardless, she is still his mother.

I think a lot of our problem stems from the fact that DH is an only child.  I stole her son from her.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I was never fortunate enough to meet my MIL (she died when DH was 18).  But his step-mother is literally the spawn of Satan.  Luckily we live 900 miles away now.  So, I just ignore her.  Sometimes I'm lucky enough to forget she even exists.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageamor_eterno:
    imageloveypants:

Ditto and ditto.

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a BOY!

CafeMom Tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"