Babies: 0 - 3 Months

You can't spoil a baby vent..

I really am tired of people telling me DD is spoiled because she likes to be held. It's not like I can let her CIO. I tried we make it 20 mins then I feel guilty and she is still screaming and her face is red.

I want to punch the next person who says "She's spoiled," or "You need to let her CIO."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: You can't spoil a baby vent..

• Ooh! Throat punch!!! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Last person who said that to me was shocked with my reply.  I said "OK thanks for the advice, I actually am trying to do that exact thing!" Then I smiled and turned around.  I found that smart a$$ answers make me feel better.  My DH just shakes his head when I do so.  Stick out tongue
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I get the same thing from my IL's...A baby can't soothe themselves until they are about 4 months, so letting them CIO is not going to "teach" them anything and will likley only escalate..

I'd just let it roll off your back...your the momma, and you know what best for your LO!  If all else fails...I always tell my IL's, "the pediatrician reccomends..." that seems to shut them up for a while! haha

• Are you talking about Braelynn? Man, I'd punch the people, too. It's so ridiculous. Babies that young honestly don't know that the end of the world is not at hand if they wake up alone, or if their tummies are empty, or if they are in pain. They've never experienced it before. They aren't capable of taking a breath and going "Oh, this is all it is. Okay then." I can't believe what people expect from infants!
  • imagesearcy7:

I really am tired of people telling me DD is spoiled because she likes to be held. It's not like I can let her CIO. I tried we make it 20 mins then I feel guilty and she is still screaming and her face is red.

I want to punch the next person who says "She's spoiled," or "You need to let her CIO."

I get this alot for my son. Who will only be 3 weeks old tomorrow. Yeah, I'm spoiling a 3 week old by holding him. Huh? I've just had to tell people to blow off. As his Mom, I know what's best for him. At 3 weeks old, it's not CIO...

• Holy cow, the poor thing is only a month old!  Of course she can't be spoiled.  She needs to be held.  Are these people who say she's spoiled parents themselves?  Sometimes people who don't have kids themselves or whose kids are grown up don't understand these things.  Keep holding your baby as much as you want.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've started saying,

"I'm okay with that," when I get the "you're spoiling her" bs.

Most people let it drop after that:) 

• You are not spoiling your baby!  Don't listen to those people.  You're doing a fine job!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"