Success after IF

Want to hear a funny story?

I am still breastfeeding, but ever since I got AF back, I've had these 28 day cycles.  I had pretty regular cycles before, but they were longer and less predictable - 30 one month, 35 the next.  So when AF was due around the 18th, I chalked it up to having had the stomach flu mid-cycle.  Plus, DH and I only did the deed the week before. And when Christmas came and went without her, I figured that travel, stress, whatever, were to blame.

Yesterday after we returned home, literally because what the hell, I had the sticks left over, I tested. 

Much freaking out commenced.  Another stick peed on.  DH  A stat trip to the Ob (the O freaking B!) Beta was 568.  Just right for about 18 or 19DPO.

Holy living crap.  How did this happen?   To say we are surprised is the understatement of the century.  Two clomid cycles.  Five IUIs. Four IVFs with my eggs.  Close to 40 embryos dead in a dish or in my uterus.  Three clinics - NO HOPE. Not one single positive pregnancy test until donor eggs brought us Sam.

What on earth will my lousy eggs bring us?

We are excited, mystified, totally perplexed but also terrifiedPlease nothing on facebook (or other boards if you know me elsewhere) - no one will know about this until we've had a LOT of testing - NT, CVS possibly.  I'm 36 years old and, to be honest I'm convinced I will miscarry anyway. Right now am largely just freaked the eff out. 

Funny that emmylou and I have nearly the same due date, again.  What is in the water here???

So, uh, here's to 2U2 in 2011?

IndifferentIndifferentIndifferentIndifferentIndifferentIndifferentIndifferentIndifferentIndifferent

Did I mention holy crap???

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.

Re: Want to hear a funny story?

• OOOOOHHH MY GOD that is super awesome

Congratulations!!!!

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • OMG! HOLY COW! STFU! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! Praying for a sticky baby! ETA: maybe this will help you feel more positive...I also made crappy eggs (or, we made crappy embryos) in every single stim cycle we did, but the two times I've gotten pregnant on my own, I've ended up with perfect, healthy babies! I'm keeping my fingers, toes and everything else crossed for you!!
  • OMG OMG OMG!

OMG!

A huge congratulations, and please, PLEASE keep us posted!  My very best wishes, E!!! :)

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Oh.My.Goodness.  I am shocked!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, E!!!! This is such incredible news!!!!!!!!!

• HOLY CRAP!  So excited for you!!!
    IVF #1 = BFP on 5/2009
    FET #1 = BFP on 5/2011
  • Wow! That's awesome! Congrats!
    Momma to 2 sweet girls here on earth and a precious baby boy in heaven
  • Best news I've heard in a while - a huge congrats!
    1-20-09 BFP third month of Follistim IUI 02-19-09 MC 06-24-09 MC July IUI Follistim Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone=BFN Aug. IUI Follistim Ganirelix ovidrel Crinone=BFP= scared sh**less 10-12-09 MC = 1 ectopic 1 perfect Dec. IUI Gonal-F Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone Lovenox 01-02-10 BFP=scared sh**less again 01-06-10 CP SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME : ) March 2010 - IVF in progress converted to IUI 03-30-10 BFN April 2010 - IVF - BFFN June 2010 - IVF - BFFN July IUI BFP! March 26 2011 Gracie is here! imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • O.M.G!!!!!!!!!!  These miracle surprise BFPs are making me elated!  Congratulations!!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Big SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig Smile

No one I'd rather share it with! I am still stunned for both of us.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • OMG!!! Congrats!!! Big Smile
    TTC for 19 months. Dx: PCOS. 3 IUI's with Clomid= BFN 1st IUI with injectables= BFP imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Holy crap!!!! Amazing!!!! I loooove the babyboom around here!! Congratulations!!!!
  • HOLY CRAP!! 

Congrats! This is just amazing news! 

• Holy crap!  Thats AMAZING!  Im so freaking happy for you Im praying HARD for a sticky baby for you.  Congrats sweetie! =)

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

• Wow!!!!  I can't think of a better way to start the new year!!! Congrats!!!
  • HOLY CRAP!!! HUGE congrats!  I am so stoked for you!!  This is absolutely incredible!!
  • As I said to Em yesterday, holy moly!!!!  This is unbelievable and so so so wonderful!!!!  I couldn't be happier or more excited for you!!!

Whatever water you guys have in Buffalo and Seattle, I sure wish we had here in New Jersey.....

• What a wonderful surprise! Congratulations!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Congratulations!
  • Omg!' congrats!! All these bfp are making me hopeful that dh and I can also do this on our own.. Congrats!!
  • WOW--HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Party!!!

Sending you tons of sticky vibes.  Congrats!!    

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!  I'm freaking out for you!!!

I'm hoping everything is perfect with the bean and can't wait to hear about your next beta, or u/s or whatever.

Huge Congrats!!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Congratulations!!!!!!!  What a great way to start off the new year!!!
    After 20 months TTC with PCOS, we were blessed with twins!
    They arrived at 36 weeks after PTL and bedrest for 14 weeks. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    imageimage
  • That is the craziest thing I have ever seen!  I gotta be honest...never thought you would be the one with the surprise BFP!  But I am so very happy for you!
    Allison
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • What great news congratulations!  Love all these surprise BFP!
  • Congratulations!

I don't know what's in the water, but I'm suddenly starting to worry that I'm almost a week late (not that I've ever been super regular, but still....)  Maybe I need to pick up a test on my way home from work.... Tongue TiedIndifferent

TTC#1 since Mar 2008. Serious MFI due to cancer. 3 cancelled IUI's, just about every test in the book. IVF#1 - BFP! Twin girls arrived 2/5/10 at 35w2d. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow, wow, wow congrats!  Not to sound mean but like charmcity said I didnt' think you would be one with a surprise BFP but it is absoutley WONDERFUL news and I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy! :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Congratulations!! What a great start to the new year!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecharmcitygirl:
    That is the craziest thing I have ever seen!  I gotta be honest...never thought you would be the one with the surprise BFP!  But I am so very happy for you!

You and me both, sister!  We were 100% happy with being one and done and had zero intention of TTC for #2. I always said that if we "found" a golden egg we'd be thrilled, but to be 100% honest, when I saw those lines all I thought was "but we love having an only child!"  I know Sam will be a great big brother but this was no where on my radar.  I figured that we'd maybe get lucky years from now, but not now.  Basically we "dared" biology - and it called our bluff!

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • WOW!!!  This is such amazing news.  I wish you all the best!!
    TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
    IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
    IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
    DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
    DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
    TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedulcinea03:

Congratulations!

I don't know what's in the water, but I'm suddenly starting to worry that I'm almost a week late (not that I've ever been super regular, but still....)  Maybe I need to pick up a test on my way home from work.... Tongue TiedIndifferent

Yeah, I would go ahead and do that.  I kind of wish I tested sooner since I was drinking and sitting a tub over the holiday - and being negligent of my vitamins and thyroid meds. Ooops.  

• Congrats!
    siggy should be here!
  • WOW WOW WOW!!!  Congratulations!  That is amazing!
  • Holy crap! Congratulations!!

• Wow!  Happy New Year! :)
  • Aaaaah!!!  So very excited for you :)
    TTC with unexplained IF since 8/2007 6 losses, one beautiful perfect boy in our arms Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!
    Ok, so I know people always say, I had this friend....
    Well, on my local IF board, I have a friend who did DE, given less than 1% with her own eggs.  She ended up with twin boys using DE.  She had a surprise BFP (right after the boys turned 1), which she never had before (I think she's 35), and all tests/scans came back perfectly normal.  She's due in March with a healthy boy, which means 3 under 2 for her.
    I'm so excited for you and praying for all to be just fine and a healthy baby so you can have 2u2!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I LOVE it!!! HELLZ Yay! You so deserve this, here's to a perfectly healthy sticky little bean!!
  • Holy CRAP!!  Congrats!!  That is soooo friggin' exciting!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"