Babies: 0 - 3 Months

is this a normal phase?

My son was so content for the first 2 weeks ate 4oz every 4hours...and slept 4hours at a time every night and took naps all day long...now all of a sudden the last 3 days he's started being incredibly fussy and gassy all day long we formula feed and have been giving gas drops. He will sleep on us but if we put him down anywhere he wakes up and cries he wants to be held constantly and has been eating 4oz almost every 2-2.5 hours which seems like a lot.

Does this sound like a gas problem, a normal growth spurt, colic,or something else, should I contact his pedi? Any ideas what's going on or how to help?

TIA

Re: is this a normal phase?

• being held is a need just like food and sleep so hold him and get a good carrier so you can get things done. Normal growth spurt behavior usually baby wants to eat a little more!

Little Rose is 2 1/2.
  • welcome to 3 week growth spurt.. same thing happened to me.. my LO screamed for 4 nights straight.. it will pass just hang in there.. we are hitting it again at 6 weeks now.. they just get really fussy
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am SOO glad I read this...I was wondering what was going on with my little guy...He was on such an awesome routine...eating every 3 hours during the day and 4-5 at night with long streches of sleep...but the past 2 days he's been so fussy and eating every 2-2.5 hours, even at night.

I knew there was a 6 week growth spurt but never knew there was one at 3 weeks!  Good to know it'll pass!

• imageRinny22:

I am SOO glad I read this...I was wondering what was going on with my little guy...He was on such an awesome routine...eating every 3 hours during the day and 4-5 at night with long streches of sleep...but the past 2 days he's been so fussy and eating every 2-2.5 hours, even at night.

I knew there was a 6 week growth spurt but never knew there was one at 3 weeks!  Good to know it'll pass!

yes my little guy is doing so much better this afternoon all he has done is eat and sleep...at least the crying has stopped for awhile hopefully he'll be good throughout the night too!!! fingers crossed! and good luck

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"