June 2011 Moms

Nursery Progress?

Just curious how many of you have already started working on the nursery? DH and I cleaned out the guest bedroom that'll be our nursery this week and plan on going to get a few paint samples today! I am pretty sure I have our furniture picked out and the bedding as well! We just now have to order it. I am so excited and by nature a typical "type A" planner that i can't help myself! But I'm afraid of getting everything done super fast and then not having anything to do for the next 4 months... Is anyone else in the same boat?! 

Our journey as NEWLYWEDS!<3</a>
My Married Bio

Love, marriage and a baby carriage :)image

Re: Nursery Progress?

• DH wll be moving the eliptical and bench to the garage in about 2 weeks. The crib bedding is en-route to my house per email confirmation this A.M.  I will be ordering all of the furniture in 2-3 weeks. I am sure we will take our time on the painting (Mom's helping me) and might wait until after my shower for the rest..
  • We haven't done anything with our office / soon-to-become nursey yet.  I'm jealous of all of you that have! I'm normally a planner, but I'm just afraid where all of that stuff is going to go.

MH and I agreed that we would start thinking about how we re-arrange our condo to make room for the baby after the anatomy scan (Feb. 14th) and that we'll start decorating sometime in March.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MPZ born June 2011
    TTC #2 ... Cycle 1-3: IUI = BFN | Cycle 4: IVF ... canceled but 3 snow babies
    Cycle 5: FET .. BFP! | EDD - 3/15/2014
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We ordered our furniture a few weeks ago, but will not get it delivered until March.  I already have the bedding and I kind of want to paint the room (the walls are white), but will have to convince DH to do it.  I also bought the rug this week, but that is it in terms of what we have done so far.

We will need to move the office stuff into the spare bedroom in the Jan/Feb timeframe and then paint (if we are going to) after that happens.  I just would like all the major things done (furniture in, paint) by the time our showers roll around in the April timeframe.  That way, we can be getting the room situated as we are getting the gifts.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageflows912:

We haven't done anything with our office / soon-to-become nursey yet.  I'm jealous of all of you that have! I'm normally a planner, but I'm just afraid where all of that stuff is going to go.

MH and I agreed that we would start thinking about how we re-arrange our condo to make room for the baby after the anatomy scan (Feb. 14th) and that we'll start decorating sometime in March.

I haven't! Just ordered stuff and plan to do something in 2-3 weeks ;) LOL. I was wanting to wait until after the holidays..

• I feel super productive today. I cleaned out the closet of the guest room which we painted a blue/purpleish color when we moved in so we wouldn't have to repaint when it became a nursery :) Then I rearranged the furniture in the office and moved the bed frame from the guest room into the office. I am waiting for DH to get home to move the mattress and box spring, then we will just have to move the new furniture, decorate and we are done! 

We are getting our furniture from a friend so we will pick that up in a few weeks.  

I also undecorated the tree and put all the Christmas/Hanukkah stuff away. Now I am looking for another project to do.  

• ours is almost ready for baby, we got a bunch of money for christmas for baby furniture so we got to go on a shopping spree in all the sales and have transformed our office into a nursey/mini office we have the crib and change table/dresser, stroller, car seat and decorational stuffs.

we are just waiting to get bedding, diapers, clothing etc which is no rush as these will also be baby shower items.

plus friends will be passing down a few usuefull items as well closer to the time. but as far as paint wall decor and furniture goes we are set

• I have been online pretty much all morning at work looking at bedding. We got the cutest pooh painting as a gift. My parents bought it in Disney world and its 4 of 95. I love it. We are going to do a bee/pooh theme. I literally can't wait to start the room. We aren't officially getting anything yet till we know the sex Feb 7th. I can't wait to see all the pics of all the Nurseries.
  • We haven't started yet.  I'm thinking we will order the crib and changing table around the end of January, but most everything else we will be waiting until after the anatomy scan Feb 11.  I want to plan according to gender.  Unless I find out sooner at one of my cervical check ultrasounds.
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DH took all of the junk we had stored in our guest room to good will, and about two weeks ago we ripped up the carpet and installed hardwood floors!  We had a lot of fun learning how to do it, and it felt really good to complete a project like that for our baby. 

Lately I'm obsessed with nursery designs!  My brother and sister-in-law are giving us their crib as their DD just started sleeping in a big girl bed last week.  We want to wait until we find out the baby's sex before we purchase anything else, and the wait is getting harder and harder!!  Our appointment is on Wednesday, so only a few days now.  :)

• We have picked the furniture, and have the paint samples picked.  This weekend my husband is going to repair some walls in there since we had a roof leak a while back (we leave in a old house).  After that I plan on painting within the next week or so.  I am hoping to have the room painted and competed in the next few weeks. We won't put up the crib till much later but it will be a complete room soon.  

I was worried like you that I would get things done too early, but I have had several friends end up on bed rest during the last tri, so I want all the hard work done while I am still can move around easily and have energy! 

Read My Blog- Two Humans + 9 Animals + One Baby!
    image image
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP- 10.11.2010
    Beta #1 (13DPO)- HCG 29
    Beta #2 (15DPO)- HCG 81
    Beta #3 (19DPO)- HCG 558
    Stick Baby Stick!

TTC since 8.2007
    Chemical Pregnancy ended at 5.5 weeks: 5.5.2008
    Angel Baby-- strange cell growth-- 8 weeks total low low betas: 7.1.2010
    Chemical Pregnancy ended at 4.5 weeks: 9.11.2010
  • Im totally a type a planner as well. All of our furniture is in boxes in the garage, as it was delivered about a week ago. I'm itching to get it out of there because I don't want the brand new furniture to suck up any moisture!

I'm taking a vacation the end of January, so hopefully I will clean out the second guest room/office. We have someone coming to give us a price on painting and once that is done, we are having hardwood floors put in! My plan is to have to the room painted, floors done, and furniture in there by February. Here's to hoping and wishing! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Married My Best Friend on 9/17/2010
  • Seriously you all always have a way of making me feel better! I am glad I'm not alone. :)
    Our journey as NEWLYWEDS!<3</a>
    My Married Bio

Love, marriage and a baby carriage :)image
  • We haven't started yet but I'm REALLY anxious to get it going lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The bedroom that will be the nursery is all cleared out. We bought a crib today because the one we had decided on was on sale for a great deal at Target! That's all we have done so far, but I want to work on the room a little at a time so it's not so overwhelming.

BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • we'll start after we find out the sex (next week).  I was thinking about doing a gender neutral nursery, but MH really wants to make it gender specific, so we're going to do that. I can't wait though!
    ~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • I haven't done much because we won't know the sex until the end of the month. First things first, I have to empty out our home office because that's becoming the nursery. I have a bookcase and chair, so I need to get a crib and dresser. I have two fabric sets picked out--one boy, one girl. I'm getting a crib skirt and sheets custom made, I think, because I don't like any bedding sets and won't be using a bumper. So, the plans are there, but I haven't really started on anything yet.

• imageflows912:

We haven't done anything with our office / soon-to-become nursey yet.  I'm jealous of all of you that have! I'm normally a planner, but I'm just afraid where all of that stuff is going to go.

All of this.  Since we only have 2 bedrooms, we will probably have an office/nursery.  It's not ideal, but we just have too much office stuff to put it anywhere else.  And the baby will be in our room for a while anyways.  Hopefully by the time the baby is a year old we will be in a position to buy a bigger place.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"