LGBT Parenting
Options

What's going on for NYE/this weekend?

Re: What's going on for NYE/this weekend?

• Options

Friday:  I'm waiting for the plumber to come check the leak in the kitchen this morning.  I will probably veg in my PJ's until J gets off work around noon.  I'm also waiting for A to come home from the IL's, they took her to see Disney on Ice last night and she ended up staying the night with them.  A is going to her Dads house for NYE and J and I are going to her parents.  I want to stay home tonight because I'm still fighting a cold but I'm sure J won't let that happen.  NYE with her family just isn't fun for me, I'd rather stay home and nurse a cold rather than dress up and sit outside in the cold.

Saturday:  We are picking A up at 6am to go to the Rose Parade.  It's supposed to rain but J still wants to go, we go every year.

Sunday:  J's coworker and his wife want to get together for sushi.

• Options

We have no NYE plans.  Likely won't even stay up until midnight - we just would rather have a full night's sleep Smile

Saturday we have one final round of Xmas.  It was originally supposed to happen on the 26th, but then the blizzard happened.  So we'll be with my stepdad's side of the family Saturday afternoon for belated Xmas. Henry will be happy to have more wrapping paper to tear!

Sunday C has to work in the afternoon, and Henry and I are meeting jeannkerrioctober for lunch!

Those are the only things we have planned.  I may also start un-decorating the house.

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I wasn't sure if we would have today off work (since mail is being delivered, and we usually have to work if mail is delivered), but we do! Yay! I slept late and now I'm cleaning and putting away Christmas stuff until my friend Erin arrives. We're going to go to the grocery store to pick up a few treats for tonight - just hanging out at home watching TV and catching up. I bought pink prosecco for midnight :) 

Jen gets home from her family ski trip at 4:00 on Saturday, so we're going to pick her up at the airport and then go out for dinner before Erin heads home.

No plans for Sunday as of yet. Jen has been traveling for two weeks so she probably won't want to do much besides re-clean all of the things I insufficiently cleaned while she was away (it's a good thing she is so lovable ;)). We might go see Black Swan.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

This morning we woke with Grayson throwing up 2" from our heads in our bed. That thwarted our New Years at Noon at the Science Museum plans. We hung out at home and laid low till we knew that it was an isolated event and not the stomach flu. I think our friend is going to come over this evening with her son and spend the night. We'll probably stay up, have a few drinks, play some games, etc. Honestly, I would rather go to sleep at 10pm.

Tomorrow we are going to hang out at home to let the kids play, declutter our house (I think L is nesting), and enjoy the warmer weather.

Sunday will probably be more of the same - with a trip to Costco thrown in there.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

My sister has a big party every year for New years Eve.  We are really close and have the same circle of friends - it is probably the event I look forward to most all year.  It is especially nice becasue we can bring our dog and stay over, should we feel like it.  It won't be necessary this year though... waiting and all.  I got my hair cut and have been baking ALL day.  I made a gazillion cupcakes (with my new wilton decorating kit!) and hot and sweet meatballs and crispy/flaky brie bake, and 7 layer dip.  I don't think it should have taken me 4 hours but.. it did.

Tomorrow we are spending a mellow day cleaning and Sunday Kerri and I are going to meet Mrs. F for lunch at an Irish pub in our town!  It was so crazy to figure out we live about 2 miles from each other, in a fairly small town!  I am really looking forward to meeting her and Henry!

Happy New Years everyone!  See you in 2011! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"