June 2011 Moms

Big day yesterday

Yesterday my MIL, aunt, and cousin went maternity shopping and to BRU with me to start my registry.  We were out for over six hours and it was exhausting but super productive.  I had a bunch of gift cards to Motherhood Maternity, and I got five dresses, a skirt, a pair of pants, jeans, four shirts, and two pairs of tights for like $250, and all covered by gift cards.  Between that and some hand-me-downs from friends and I feel like I'm set for a long time!

BRU was less fun.  It was *so* overwhelming, and MIL and cousin had some conflicting opinions on what I *needed*, and aunt kept exclaiming over how expensive everything is.  Not to mention having to scan twice for so much stuff really emphasized how expensive twins are going to be!  I hate how "buy this, buy that!" it is--I know it should be fun, but it feels like the wedding industrial complex magnified.  Plus, I knew what I was looking for in a coffee maker or set of knives, but I have no idea if my kids will want to swing or bounce, or one of each.  I guess registry fatigue and being overwhelmed is not uncommon, but it still is not fun!

Re: Big day yesterday

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"