Toddlers: 24 Months+

Hair static---make it stop

If my daughter actually let me put bows or ponies in her hair, maybe we wouldn't have this problem, but until that day happens I need to get her static hair under control. She doesn't have much hair--it's very fine and thin. I just wash her with aveeno bath soap--anything I can use in her hair to reduce the static. She doesn't really have enough hair for conditioner.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Hair static---make it stop

• Our DD also pulls out clips & elastics and her hair is very static-ey.  Unfortunately in winter time, it's dry and there's going to be a lot of static.  Wet her hair down with a wet comb or brush or spray it a little, then brush.  I do put conditioner in DD's hair which does help, just a tiny amount.  You could try it, just to see. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • rub a little hand lotion in your hands- then through her hair.
  • Loading the player...
  • Dryer sheets. 

I keep them tucked in my bag all winter long.  I use them myself too:)  Works great, just "wipe" the dryer sheet over your child's hair.  The hair smells linen fresh and the static stops!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we use static guard sprayed on a hairbrush for dd.  We have terrible static here in Alaska, so know your problem well.  We also use the dryer sheets as emergency fixes while we are out or travelling by air, but I now carry a travel sized static guard can in my purse at all times.  Love the stuff!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"