Infertility

RGI Ladies

Can you give me an estimate of how much your IVF cycle cost you?

We have MFI and were told we would definitely need ICSI. Would RGI tell me what meds they think I would be on, so I can estimate that? I'm worried we're going to start and not have enough money saved up and I hate putting money on the credit card.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: RGI Ladies

• Do you go to the Columbus RGI office?  I'm assuming that's where Dublin is near.  I go to the Akron office.
     TTC #1 since June 2008
    M/C @ 6 weeks 12/31/2008, Ectopic @ 6 weeks on 4/23/2010
    Diagnosed Unexplained 11/2009-DH is fine-I don't get AF
    Cycle #22 - 1/27/11 - IUI #1 & Injections - BFP! - DS born 11/11/11 
    TTC#2 - 2/24/14 - IUI & Injections - BFP! - EDD 11/29/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Don't quote me exactly, as it was almost two years ago, but I want to say our cycle, including ICSI and anesthesia, was around $9,500.
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    3 IUI's, 2 IVF's , 1 FET , 1 IVF w/ Gestational Carrier, and 1 FET using adopted embryo's = ALL BFNs
    We are adopting!

SAIF/PAIF IS ALWAYS WELCOMED TO POST IN MY POSTS!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am going through IVF now, but have some insurance coverage so i'm not sure exactly what the OOP cost is. If you call and ask to speak to Jessie, she can give you all of the costs.

If I had to guess, I'd say the procedural part of the IVF (ER/ET/Embryologist costs) is about $6500. I am not sure about the monitoring appts as those haven't posted on my insurance yet.  

lmc is OOP so you could always page her on PAIF.

GL, hun!

Edit: We aren't going the ICSI route, so I don't know the cost of that...

Crohn's resulting in colectomy with J-Pouch surgery in 2000/2001.
    TTC since August 2008
    IVF#1: BFFN; IVF#2: BFN; FET with new RE: BFN
    IVF#3: ER 1/15; ET 1/20; Beta#1 1/29: 339!
    Twins girls born via c/s at 37w/3d!!
    "Let it go, this too shall pass."
  • I went to the Columbus office (except for my transfer and retrieval).  

They will give you a good breakdown of costs when you have your consult.  I don't remember exactly but I think the actual IVF was around 7,000 and meds were about 4,000.  We also did assisted hatching which I think added some.  I have my paperwork somewhere that has the actual costs but I don't know where it is.  

ICSI will add some $ to it as well.  

I loved RGI!  Moved to MI from Powell in June (got our BFP in May).  If we ever try again, I want to go back to them!  

Good luck! You can always page me with questions, I lurk on here but am on the PAIF board the most.  

• imagejaminjeff:
    Do you go to the Columbus RGI office?  I'm assuming that's where Dublin is near.  I go to the Akron office.

Yes, I go to the Columbus office
  • imageAmers8301:

I am going through IVF now, but have some insurance coverage so i'm not sure exactly what the OOP cost is. If you call and ask to speak to Jessie, she can give you all of the costs.

If I had to guess, I'd say the procedural part of the IVF (ER/ET/Embryologist costs) is about $6500. I am not sure about the monitoring appts as those haven't posted on my insurance yet.  

lmc is OOP so you could always page her on PAIF.

GL, hun!

Edit: We aren't going the ICSI route, so I don't know the cost of that...

Thank you! Yea they did give me a break down, I guess I was wondering how close the estimate (espeically for meds) was to what they give you.
  • imagechaucer:

I went to the Columbus office (except for my transfer and retrieval).  

They will give you a good breakdown of costs when you have your consult.  I don't remember exactly but I think the actual IVF was around 7,000 and meds were about 4,000.  We also did assisted hatching which I think added some.  I have my paperwork somewhere that has the actual costs but I don't know where it is.  

ICSI will add some $ to it as well.  

I loved RGI!  Moved to MI from Powell in June (got our BFP in May).  If we ever try again, I want to go back to them!  

Good luck! You can always page me with questions, I lurk on here but am on the PAIF board the most.  

That's great news! Congrats!

Yea they did give me a break down, I guess what scares me is the estimate of $3-4K for the meds. Could it be higher? Could it be lower? We're not planning to have all the money saved until March/April but what I'm scared of is that we will Rx more meds than $4K (which is what we are budgeting for). I wonder if they would give me the name of the drugs so I could look up the prices.

• Dr.j told me twelve thousand including meds. they use barron pharmacy, i think you can get the meds for less through donations or other online pharmacies.  thats what i plan to look into if i get that far.
    TTC#2: septum removed, 2 losses, Stage 2 Endo, thin lining, slight MFI
    iui #5 2/7 + 2/8 = BFP!! 11 dpiui
    Beta #1 2/18 11dpiui= 46, Beta #2 13dpiui 150, Beta #3 16dpiui 584!!
    u/s revealed triplets! Baby B 3rd loss 8w2d. Twins! EDD 10/31/11 * c/s scheduled 10/12/11 My NEW BLOG Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did end up stimming for a few days longer and needing more meds but they actually gave me a vial of Follistim someone donated to them for free so I don't think I went over the upper end of the estimate.  We had to add a med into my protocol early on b/c I wasn't reacting but it wasn't an expensive med like the Follistim.  

Also, try to get donations.  A fellow nestie donated some Follistim to me so that helped.   

• imagekelfeen:
    Dr.j told me twelve thousand including meds. they use barron pharmacy, i think you can get the meds for less through donations or other online pharmacies.  thats what i plan to look into if i get that far.

This.  Even with ICSI, Dr. J told us it would be around $12K.  (Up to $15 depending on meds.) 

• Michelle called around to a few different pharmacies to see where the drugs would be the cheapest.  I believe they have also used different pharmacies for different drugs to get the best price overall.  I did a long lupron protocol and it was around $4K for all the drugs.

They should also be able to tell you which drugs they think you will use based on the protocol you are on.

Good Luck!   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"