March 2011 Moms
Options

I "kinda" fell..

So I am in bigtime nesting mode and last night we cleaned out the room that will end up being a "toy room" for LO.   Well I was on one of those office chairs with wheels and I think the enormous size of my butt was too much.. It toppled to the side and I fell on the floor..  I fell on my butt .. no bleeding, cramping or discharge and the baby is kicking fine.  I really don't see any reason to call my doctor.   I know if I do he will send me to L&D to be monitored and I really don't think I need it.   My husband thinks maybe I should call.. Would you call?

Re: I "kinda" fell..

• Options
    I tripped on a ledge in my barn last week when I went to go feed my horses... Came down very hard on both knees (on concrete) and cried for about 20 minutes. Ended up bruised but fine and didn't call the doc. You're probably fine but if you feel more comfortable it won't hurt.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

breastfeeding, cloth diapering, farming mama.

• Options

I fell down the stairs a while ago and landed on my side.. actually I wouldn't call it fall, I would call it "slid" down the stairs. I was paranoid and although I felt fine when to L&D to be monitored. 3 weeks later I did the same thing and this time decided not to go. I ended up having a regular OB appointment a couple weeks later and everything seemed fine.

If it wasn't a big deal and you honestly think you're fine, I wouldn't go. Its up to you, and I know a lot of people would say better to be safe than sorry, but you're probably fine, especially since LO has been kicking away.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'd call, only because I was lectured by my OB for not calling when I had a little bit of bleeding (external, from hemangiomas, and we're talking about a very small amt of bleeding).   So, since falling is also on the list of "You must call if it happens" like bleeding is, I'd call. 

Better safe than sorry. 

Baby Boy Born 3.15.11. 8lb 9oz, 21.75in. 6 month stats: 20lb 11oz (92%tile), 30.12in.(100%tile - who knew it went over 99th? Which means 100% of other 6 month olds are shorter than mine!)
  • Options
    I tripped and fell face forward on a sidewalk earlier this week.  I ended up getting lots of scrapes and bumps, but felt fine otherwise and chose not to call the doctor.  LO is moving around like she always does, so I'm not worried.  It is a very scary thing to go through though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  I did call.  My doctor is out today.. The doctor on call said just to monitor her kicks today and if they are good and nothing else is off then I should be fine... I do feel better that I called though :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"