So my hospital will require it and my dr. said I could stay home as long as possible (suggested wait unitl 2-3 min apart contractions).
I love the irony of it all.... I'm considered higher risk so I require continious monitoring but will have more sucess if I stall comming in and get less monitoring then I would if they offered intermitent monitoring.
I have no issues with my dr. I just find this quite ironic.
Side note, she just had a VBAC patient sucessfully deliever 35 minutes after arriving at the hospital.
Now I'm debating a doula to help with all the at home labouring. I'm not sure though, I really like to be in control of the process and am not sure how I feel about having another person there. I've emailed a few with some prelim questions and may interview a few based on the responses and DH's thoughts. Anyone have any great doula insight?