Attachment Parenting

Wrapping and forward facing

Is it possible to have LO forward facing in a wrap without putting them on your back?  LO loves to look around, straining against our current stretchy wrap, and he wants his arms out.  Do I need a woven? Mei Tei?  Other?  Im not wanting to do back carries right now as its super duper cold here and will only get colder.  Plus I'm a nervous wreck thinking about trying to get him back there.  

Suggestions? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wrapping and forward facing

• I would suggest doing a hip carry in either a woven, mei tai or ring sling. It's been really cold here as well so I tend to do quick front carries or hip carries when we're going to stores. 

• i have no experience with that, but just wanted to say i love your LO's name (points to siggy)
  • Loading the player...
  • Moby has a forward facing carry but it will be murder on your back because lo's weight will be hanging off of you instead of curling into you.
  • imagekwinters87:
    Moby has a forward facing carry but it will be murder on your back because lo's weight will be hanging off of you instead of curling into you.

THIS! Tried it once and it killed my back.  I agree with PP about a hip carry. We are to the point where we do all back and hip carries in the woven. I love both over a front carry. 

We had LO on our back at the zoo yesterday and he got to see everything and loved it BUT we switched him to a hip carry part way through so we could interact with him face to face and he seemed to be able to see everything really well still. Plus he can still burry his face in me to hide which I think is important. If he feels the need to hide or look away I like for him to have the option. A hip carry would be the best of both worlds if you don't want to backcarry! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

• I'd second the hip carry suggestion if you aren't wanting a back carry.  Although I find a ring sling much comfier in a hip carry than a stretchy (especially since he's 6 months).  sleepingbaby.net has some low priced options and her shoulder is very easy to get comfy IMO.
  • Thanks girls!! I've been watching hip carries on youtube, and I think it would be comfy for both of us, and I could still put him in my coat.  

So I can do that with a Mei Tei?  I was thinking of getting one of those, so that when its warm, I can put him on my back.  Plus I think I might be able to get DH on the BWing train with a Mei Tei.  

• While it may be possible to do a forward facing carry, it usually is not ideal. It places more strain on you and doesn't give LO a place to "escape" from stimulation. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"