D.C. Area Babies
Options

Have to go in for ultrasound...nervous

Ugh. So, I started spotting just a little bit this morning for the first time this pregnancy. I called the doctor to ask advice and they shocked me by calling back and saying I need to come in for a sonogram and appointment this afternoon. I can feel her moving a lot, but the worry is that they found a low placenta at our big ultrasound, so I think the doctor is being cautious. I had to cancel my afternoon appointments, am missing work that needs to get done (especially since I was just out for a week for jury duty and am out the end of this week for my SIL's wedding). Now I'm nervous and a bit upset, even though it is most likely nothing. Just looking for a little support. This is common to spot during second tri, right? Thanks! Eleanor
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Have to go in for ultrasound...nervous

• Options
    Just breathe deeply.  A lot of women get spotting at all times during the pregnancy, it does not necessarily mean something really bad.  I know it's hard to think positively (esp. when they say "come in today!") but hang in there... and let us know how it goes.
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're going through this, especially when you have such a crazy schedule going on.  I spotted a few times during 1st trimester (I know, not quite the same) but everything turned out ok each time.  If you can feel her moving, I'm sure everything is fine.  They are just being cautious.  I'll be thinking about you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had the same thing around the same time as you.  It turned out that I had a marginal placenta previa (when it covers the cervix), though they didn't think that was the cause of the bleeding because it wasn't bright red (as it ususally is with previa).  My cervix was inflamed and "angry", as my doctor so eloquently put it, so that may have contributed too.  In the end, they weren't sure what caused it exactly.   I also had some cramping, so they put me on bed rest for a week and everything quickly resolved itself.  I had a followup ultrasound and the placenta had moved up.

Hang in there.  I know it can be stressful on a lot of levels, but just see what they say when you go in and take it one thing at a time.  If they put you on bedrest, people will understand and just have to deal, so don't sweat work or the wedding.
  • Options
    Good luck!  It doesn't hurt to be cautious.  I'm sure everything is fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    good luck, the Dr is just being cautious. Let us know what the U/S shows
  • Options
    good luck! keep us posted!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"