August 2011 Moms
Options

oops

So I've been smelling an unpleasant odor when I'm downstairs. I finally tracked it to the kitchen (DH doesn't smell it at all). It is coming from the garbage disposal. I googled how to get rid of the odor and found a way to do it is to put a piece of lemon and an ice cube in it. The site said it would scrub the smell out. Well guess what? Our disposal is now broken Embarrassed My bad.

Does anyone know if replacing a garbage disposal is very difficult? 

Re: oops

• Options

Super Smell = worst pregnancy super power EVER!

And yes, I am pretty sure changing out the garbage disposal is very easy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Are you sure it's broken?  I stick lemons down my garbage disposal weekly.  Sometimes if you stick a lot of stuff down there the shaking makes it come unplugged.  Have you checked the plug under the sink?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A piece of metal came off and we can't figure out where it came from : /
  • Options

Uh-oh! That isn't good! My disposal won't grind up citrus rinds either... such a bummer, because it was a great trick with our last one. 

Hope DH is handy ;)

• Options
    If you can't do lemon rinds, they make little balls that smell like citrus that do the same. Or if all else fails a little lemon pine sol. 
  • Options

I just broke mine too. It's really easy to replace and pretty inexpensive. I used lemon rind and baking soda in mine and it worked ok. DH cleaned it out a few weeks back and that helped too.

Good Luck!

TTC#1 Since 9.09
    Unexplained IF
    IUI#1 + Clomid + Trigger= BFP!! EDD: 8/8/11
    DS#1 Born 8/11/11
    TTC#2
    BFP #2 3/1/12 Ended in M/C on 3/17/12 @ 7w
    11/12 IUI#1 + Clomid + Trigger= BFP, EDD: 8/18/13, Beta#1 (45), Beta #2 (265) Beta #3 (2545)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    S/PAIF/PAL ALWAYS WELCOME!!
  • Options
    Just wanted to add that you could use vinegar next time with a little baking soda...works like a charm. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Some garbage disposals have a button on the side for clogs. 
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"