February 2011 Moms

Odd Pains

I've been experiencing odd pains lately. They're all in my pelvic region. It happens mostly when i sit up from laying down, getting out of vehicals and into them, also when i'm getting dressed it hurts to lift my legs. I'm going to talk to my OBGYN about it but I was just wondering if anybody knows anything about the pains i've been experiencing I was also wondering if anybody has any advice about ways of easing it.

Re: Odd Pains

• My OB told me that round ligament pain is exactly what you are describing. The best way to relieve it is to wait acouple months and give birth (sad day, this is also EXACTLY the way he phrased it). But, stretching, a hot both/compress and moving slowly can help ease your discomfort, it did mine!

• That is RLP.  You may just need to change the way you move such as supporting yourself more or moving a little slower.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have this SAME exact thing and was told it was SPD - related more to the relaxin hormone loosening up your pelvis in prep for labor.  My pain got to the point where rolling over in bed was excruciating and walking at times wasn't any better.  At the rec of my OB, I went and got a maternity support belt and am feeling so much better. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I have the exact same and I asked my midwife about it last appointment.  RLP and everything separating from the relaxin.  I'm not sure if I've gotten used to it, but mine isn't bothering me as much the past few days...I've just slowed down and started being more careful getting up and moving in general.  She did say if it becomes extremely painful when you take a step(you know how it hurts to take a step, especially right when you get out of bed?), then to call because it's possible for things to separate TOO much and that's no good. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"