January 2011 Moms
Options

back labor?

I have been having sever lower back pains for the last two hours. How would I know if its back labor? They are coming around every 3 mins and lasting anywhere from 1 to 2 mins ( with pain in between but not horrible). Enough to take my breath away and make me tense up? Is this back labor? Any info would be helpful. I'm at work for the next hour so nothing I can do but sit here and wonder. Thank you ladies!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: back labor?

• Options
    Definitely could be.  The frequency and time-ability is what makes me think you may be having contractions.  If you are having back labor, I hope LO turns around before it gets full-blown.  Every 3 mins is pretty close.  I would call your OB.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Options
    I was thinking they were pretty close.. but I have no idea and dont want to be one of those girls who run to the hospital at every pain. Thank you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sounds like it could be.  I'd get into a hands and knees position if you can tolerate it, will take some of the pressure off your back.  You can do some arches too to try to encourage baby to turn around. 

• Options

Hmmm...it sounds like it could be.  The fact that you have pain in between contractions is very telling (in my non-medical opinion, of course!).  I had back labor last time, and in early labor, the hardest part about it was that the pain was constant, so I couldn't really time the contractions.  I agree that you should call the doctor.

Good luck!

• Options
    Sounds like it! Get on your hands and knees and stay there! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"